We are looking for acreative designer with a passion for transforming data and research intocompelling visual stories. The Print Designer develops high-qualitypublications and presentations, including research studies, meeting handouts,on-screen presentations, and template-based marketing materials. This roleis a mix of creative work and project/resource management. The ideal candidatewill foster a positive, collaborative work environment and use resourceseffectively to minimize turnaround time without compromising quality. Thisposition requires proficiency with Adobe InDesign and the ability toconsistently and accurately produce and project manage large volumes of work.
- Create page layouts and artwork using Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PhotoShop, and DeltaGraph.
- Produce quality work in a fast-paced environment within an internal process-driven system structure, meeting deadlines and client expectations for quality, creativity, and accuracy.
- Create concepts based on customer interaction, design, revision, troubleshooting, and production of the final product.
- Enforce consistency of brand standards and work internally with cross-functional teams to stay up to date with changes.
- Influence the final product by consulting with clients to ensure work is high quality and graphically pleasing.
- Work closely with other designers to solve problems and communicate resolutions.
- Communicate professionally during stressful situations, resolving problems effectively and positively.
- Prepare files for vendor printing.
- Maintain a high degree of quality control through self-proofing, reviewing softproofs, and adhering to the CEB style guide.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Provide floating support for teammates on various projects as needed.
- Participate in program and department meetings.
- Uphold consistently high-quality product and service expectations across the department.
- Provide timely project tracking and department reporting information through daily administrative tasks.
- Related duties as assigned.
- Hours are 9:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m. with compensated overtime expected.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Highly detailed and organized; able to hit deadlines in collaborative environments
- Must be a strong project manager
- Ability to work through ambiguous situations, recognize the tasks and projects that are most important, and constantly reprioritize efforts to address them
- Must be flexible to changing conditions and aware of project deadlines independent of manager, peer, and client reminders
- Must exhibit teamwork with internal clients and other members of the creative team, take direction yet make decisions independently
- Understand the importance of in-house style and templates
- Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to negotiate and manage client expectations
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform gracefully under pressure and meet inflexible or shifting deadlines
- Superior customer service ethic and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be flexible to project needs; availability to work occasional long days and weekends
- Ability to perform as part of a team as well as individually
- College degree in a related discipline and at least 1 year of experience in print/graphic design field
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Familiarity with standard industry proofreading marks preferred
- Familiarity with the Macintosh platform preferred
- Project management experience required and art direction experience preferred
Back to top