CEB (NYSE: CEB) is the leading member-based advisory company. By combining the best practices of thousands of member companies with our advanced research methodologies and human capital analytics, we equip senior leaders and their teams with insight and actionable solutions to transform operations. This distinctive approach, pioneered by CEB, enables executives to harness peer perspectives and tap into breakthrough innovation without costly consulting or reinvention. The CEB member network includes more than 16,000 executives and the majority of top companies globally.
Reporting to the CIO, the Principal Architect will be responsible for the vision, strategy, and facilitating adoption of the firm’s online platform architecture. Inclusive in the online platform are the products of assessment, tools and benchmarking products, and ongoing software development efforts to commercialize new product offerings. Serving as the senior-most technologist for the Talent Management solutions, provides leadership on initiatives firm-wide, the Principal Architect will be a champion for Software as a Service/ Cloud Based technology solutions that deliver value and innovation to CEB- Talent Management efforts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Own overall technical architecture leadership of the CEB-Talent Management platforms establishing vision, devising and driving technical strategy, and aligning technology initiatives.
- Provide hands-on and direct support, when necessary, to help solve technology challenges.
- Serve as Architect for the evolving Platform, driving consolidation and product innovation as the key engagement lead for CEB’s Talent Management business teams.
- Drive the use of best of breed technologies, a core framework, and agile development methodologies.
- Apply component-based and service oriented architectures to build flexible systems that meet member needs.
- Analyze, design and develop new Cloud-based applications including coding, automated unit testing, debugging and documentation, following Agile Development Methodology (SCRUM).
- Develop standards for the technical design, development and testing as well as conducting peer technical review including design, code review and white box testing.
- Work with development leads to ensure delivery of all projects is on time and to the agreed quality and specification.
- Leadership and technical coaching of less experienced development staff, and line management to members of the development team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues in infrastructure and service management teams in support of the operational ITIL processes.
- Own the Platform Target Architecture.
- Serve as Cloud Architecture Review Board chair.
- Ensure all projects conform to established target architecture as well as to best practices.
- Provide application architecture and design leadership to the development team for new build, integration and on-going system maintenance and enhancements.
- Translate business and functional requirements into detailed architectural and technical designs.
- Design and implement an API framework for the ingestion and delivery of discrete and streamed data in a Service Oriented Architecture model (‘Data as a Service’).
- Implement proofs of concept, prototypes, and a production-grade API framework.
- Design enterprise class design templates, tools, and accelerators for API integration.
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership in technology initiatives, ideally in a data intensive product or services oriented company.
- Deep understanding of .NET technologies C#3.0, ASP.Net, WPF, WCF, Web Service and Open Source technologies and Web architectures including J2EE, .Net4, Adobe AIR, [N}Hibernate
- Deep understanding of Java technologies JSP, Servlets, EJB, JDBC, Hadoop, JMS, Axis2
- Ability to continuously evolve the firm’s Web capabilities is critical as the company delivers the next generation of Web-based platforms. Experience in Web services including Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss, IIS
- A good understanding of the software development lifecycle, with full lifecycle experience, from design through to load test and operational maintenance.
- Strong strategic ability on designing frameworks for web application architecture with strong focus on quality, performance and security, then assuring compliance through review of designs and code.
- Work experience in databases such as SQL, Oracle and Vertica
- Hands on programming experience in Java, WPF, C , C#3.0, ASP.net, Flex/Flash
- Experience using web services and API’s built on SOAP or REST and using XML or JSON
- Experience in using development tools such as Toad, Visual Studio and configuration and design tools ( UML, VSS, SVN)
- Ability to guide and lead technology teams and designers across multiple projects.
- Deep understanding of Database, Middleware, Security, Performance Tuning and Mobile domains
- Ability to provide technical leadership / direction to development teams distributed globally
- Experience related to technical due diligence activities (preferred)
- Ability to cope with business priorities and multi-task with a sense of urgency
- Very strong communication skills are critical. The successful candidate must be capable of interacting with internal business customers and firm technology teams and outside providers and partners to identify technology opportunities.
Education and Experience:
Requires Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science or similar, and 10 years of relevant professional experience.
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid time off (PTO), employee stock purchase plan, flexible spending, and tuition assistance
For more information on other exciting opportunities, please visit our Careers page.
CEB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top