Practice Research Leader, Information Security
The Practice Leader for Information Security will have leadership responsibility for managing the business outcomes of two membershipproducts: the Information Risk Leadership Council and the CISO Coalition. Both products address sharedchallenges that are deemed the most important and span day-to-day roadblocks aswell as long-term strategic objectives facing senior-most Information Security leaders(CISOs and equivalents) and their teams at Fortune 2000 companies
The Information Risk Leadership Council provides CISOs withdiagnostics and benchmarking, research insights, and tools to optimize theirfunction and performance. These solutions are uncovered by our research team,and are rooted in real practices that are producing verified results in realcompanies.
The CISO Coalition facilitates CISOs and their teams to worktogether directly to solve the most urgent and new-to-world challenges.
ThePractice Leader is responsible for understanding strategic issues CISOs arefacing, as well as the support CISOs are receiving from competitors and otherGartner products. The Practice Leader will use this understanding to adaptresearch topics, product features, and market-facing messaging to ensure optimal positioning and differentiation in themarketplace and commercial success.
- Own the strategicdirection of the product by understanding market trends and engaging with InformationSecurity executives to craft compelling research, insights, tools, experiences,and events
- Be an active leader to aResearch team that will be leveraging quantitative and qualitative research toproduce ground-breaking insights
- Be a creative thoughtleader to create key differentiators for this product in an increasinglycrowded thought leadership space
- Partner with Sales,Advisory, and Marketing leadership teams to support outreach, new businessgeneration, and positioning of our research
- Present research andinsights at internal and external events and conferences
- Provide strategic adviceto heads of Information Security across the globe
- Partner with the CEB, nowGartner, PR team for interviews with top media outlets
- Serve as the primarytalent manager for the product teams by selecting, coaching, and developingdirect reports and more junior staff
- Bachelor's degreerequired, MBA or other advanced degree desired
- Minimum of 8 years ofleadership experience, preferably in research, advisory, management consulting,or related businesses
- High-level knowledge of IT,Information Security, and/or Risk Management issues is preferred, with the abilityto build a deep understanding of CEB's product offerings and programs in theseareas
- Superior analyticalskills, as demonstrated by a track record of thought leadership and problemsolving activities, preferably within a consulting and/or research environment
- Excellent oralcommunications, writing and presentation skills, and a deep interest indeveloping insights and pragmatic research solutions for top executivesgrappling with strategic decisions and other business issues
- Demonstrated ability toteach, including technical ideas, and to engage executive-level clients
- Leadership mindset: theability to inspire a team to achieve great things by creating and communicatinga vision for the future
- Consistently uses Gartnerbusiness goals and market realities to make resource allocation decisions inthe face of uncertainty
- Ability to identify andselect team members who deliver both strong individual and team performance
- Demonstrated experience structuring,guiding, and coordinating the efforts of direct reports and other team membersto achieve business goals
- Ability to translateoverall strategies, objectives, and assignments into concrete, actionableplans. Takes into account competing and changing priorities, resources, andtime demands to produce plans that are realistic and achievable
- Willingness to travel,domestically as well as internationally, 10-15%
Grow with us
Launch your future at a global market leader! CEB,now Gartner, is a best practice insight and technology company. We help ourcustomers grow by harnessing their untapped potential. Leaders at more than10,000 organizations worldwide rely on our advisory services and technologysolutions to manage their talent, customers, and operations. More atcebglobal.com and gartner.com.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Business Development Associate
Andrew works with his team to find and reach out to new business prospects for CEB. He interfaces with Fortune 500 companies across the world—and gets them on board with CEB's solutions.
Back to top