Practice Leader, Customer Contact Leadership Council
Practice Leader,Customer Contact Leadership Council
The CEB CustomerContact Leadership Council (CCLC) is a membership for innovative CustomerSupport leaders who use CEB research, insights and tools to optimize theirfunction and performance. This membership encompasses the CustomerSupport leaders and their teams at Fortune 1000 companies. Our solutionsare rooted in challenges that are deemed the most important and span day-to-dayroadblocks as well as long term strategic objectives.
This product hascreated groundbreaking research including The Effortless Experience™ publishedin 2013 which challenged conventional wisdom that Customer Support functionsneeded to "delight" the customer. With our research, hundreds of supportorganizations have been able to reorient themselves to set up for solvingcustomer problems effortlessly which leads to a higher level of loyalty at lesscost.
This role willlead this subscription-based syndicated research product and team to understandstrategic issues customer support organizations are facing and producingunique, relevant, actionable and evidence-based research.
- Own the strategic direction of theproduct by understanding market trends and engaging with customer supportexecutives to craft compelling research, insights, tools, experiences andevents.
- Be an active leader to a Research teamthat will be leveraging quantitative and qualitative research to produceground-breaking insights
- Be a creative thought leader to createkey differentiators for this product in an increasingly crowded thoughtleadership space
- Partner with Sales, Advisory, andMarketing leadership teams to support outreach, new business generation andpositioning of our upcoming research.
- Present research and insights at eventsand conferences
- Provide strategic advice to heads ofcustomer contact across the globe
- Partner with the CEB PR team forinterviews with top media outlets
- Serve as the primary talent manager for the product teams byselecting, coaching, and developing direct reports and more junior staff
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA orother advanced degree desired
- Minimum of 8 years of leadershipexperience, preferably in research, advisory, management consulting, or relatedbusinesses
- High-level knowledge of CustomerSupport/Customer Service issues is preferred, with the ability to build a deepunderstanding of CEB's product offerings and programs in these areas
- Superior analytical skills, asdemonstrated by a track record of thought leadership and problem solvingactivities, preferably within a consulting and/or research environment
- Excellent oral communications, writingand presentation skills, and a deep interest in developing insights andpragmatic research solutions for top executives grappling with strategicdecisions and other business issues
- Demonstrated ability to teach,including technical ideas, and to engage executive-level clients
- Leadership mindset: the ability toinspire a team to achieve great things by creating and communicating a visionfor the future
- Consistently uses Gartner businessgoals and market realities to make resource allocation decisions in the face ofuncertainty
- Ability to identify and select teammembers who deliver both strong individual and team performance
- Demonstrated experience structuring,guiding, and coordinating the efforts of direct reports and other team membersto achieve business goals
- Ability to translate overallstrategies, objectives, and assignments into concrete, actionable plans. Takesinto account competing and changing priorities, resources, and time demands toproduce plans that are realistic and achievable
- Willingness to travel, domestically aswell as internationally, 10-15%
Grow with us
Launch your future at aglobal market leader! CEB, now Gartner, is a best practice insight andtechnology company. We help our customers grow by harnessing their untappedpotential. Leaders at more than 10,000 organizations worldwide rely on ouradvisory services and technology solutions to manage their talent, customers,and operations. More at cebglobal.com and gartner.com.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Business Development Associate
Andrew works with his team to find and reach out to new business prospects for CEB. He interfaces with Fortune 500 companies across the world—and gets them on board with CEB's solutions.
Back to top