Senior Business Analyst – Sales & Marketing Solutions New Product Development, CEB
CEB (NYSE: CEB)
We currently have an opening for a Business Analyst in CEB’s New Product Development Team, focused on our Sales & Marketing portfolio.
The New Product Development team manages the roadmap that transforms new ideas into new product introductions. The team owns the new product lifecycle including identifying market problems, developing business plans for new products, crafting innovative solutions, managing the go-to-market plan and launch and managing the incubation mode of a new offering until it creates enough momentum to become a mature CEB product offering.
This role will identify, develop, launch, deliver and improve products that will help our clients (specifically, sales and marketing functions) compete more effectively in their marketplace. We have an exciting opportunity to continue to grow our business based on the tremendous success of The Challenger Sale and The Challenger Customer books, which represents CEB’s transformative look at successful sales and marketing. This role will include a focus on technology-driven products, which may be developed internally, through strategic partnerships, or acquired.
Business Analysts fill a very dynamic role within the New Product Development team, and their responsibilities can vary greatly from day to day; however, most of an their time will be spent working on different aspects of the products and services that help our members succeed. Daily activities can include working with heads of sales or marketing to understand emerging needs, presenting strategies to internal and external teams, managing project logistics and timelines, creating new product marketing strategies, and partnering with subject matter experts (CEB members, internal stakeholders) to design new offerings. A comfort with technology-driven solutions is important to this position, and an understanding of the sales and / or marketing functions is also a plus.
The role would focus on:
- Partnering with members (heads of sales and marketing) and internal stakeholders to identify and investigate strategic opportunities for new products that will include understanding market problems, market definition, establishing a business plan and owning a product roadmap
- Working with CEB and / or partner / contractor developers to incorporate market feedback into a product’s architecture and design
- Exploring and defining new products in partnership with CEB team members, including the CEB Sales Leadership Council and CEB Marketing Leadership Council research teams
- Managing independent projects, such as the development of new product components, templates, and tools / applications in partnership with internal CEB resources across Corporate Strategy, Information Technology, and Marketing
- Working with Business Analysts and Consultants on the delivery of new products to clients (particularly during new product launch cycles and in the first 1 – 2 years following introduction to the market)
- Partnering with sales and marketing team members to introduce new products, and support go-to-market strategies and promotional campaigns
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Independently lead or support multiple projects simultaneously and ensure clear communication with all key stakeholders
- Clearly articulate and justify strategic recommendations and provide a detailed path on how to achieve them
- Dissect problems using qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills, inductive and deductive reasoning, abstract thinking and root-cause analysis
- Working directly with member organizations across a variety of industries in initial implementations and service follow-up of new products
- Independently conduct customer, competitor or market interviews and prepare thoughtful, accurate and detailed interview notes that clearly and crisply detail conclusions and how the key takeaways from the conversation impact the overall exploration
- Proactively identify problems and provide potential solutions to managers
- Perform a wide scope of analytic activities including: market sizing, competitive analysis and positioning, research terrain assessment and financial modeling
What We’re Looking for in a Candidate
We seek candidates who are principally motivated by innovation, problem solving, project management, and building enduring relationships. CEB Business Analysts in the New Product Development team directly support the growth of the business, and enjoy the opportunity to deliver tangible impact for members and CEB. Comfort with ambiguity, customer advocacy, and the motivation to turn concepts into offerings that we can bring to our clients will drive success in this position.
A successful candidate will possess:
- 2-3 years experience in strategy / management consulting / commercial operations
- Strong business acumen
- Bachelors degree(s) with proven academic achievement and extracurricular involvement (business, technology, marketing majors / coursework preferred)
- Graduate degree(s) in business and / or economics preferred
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- High energy, positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- An interest in working in a team – collaborating and connecting with a variety of stakeholders and team members
- Comfort with lateral influence and upward communication
- Passion for research, analysis and insight generation against ambiguous challenges
- Original / creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Outstanding record of achievement in current position
- Superior project and process management skills
- Highly polished client-facing communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including visual depiction of insights and ideas
- A strong spirit of firm citizenship and a desire to take on a direct role in expanding the CEB business
- Languages would be considered an advantage as would experience of having lived or worked abroad
Back to top