The Market Director (MD) is a key management role in CEB, holding overall responsibility for maximising the relationships, revenue and experience of a large section of our clients. Leading a team comprising both Sales Managers and Individual Contributors, the Market Director has overall responsibility for both revenue and people management in their business segment. The MD will be a role model for their group with the ability to work across sales and service for the products and programs that CEB has to offer. For complex/challenging clients, the MD will assist in building and directing strong personal relationships with senior-most executives. The MD will also relish the opportunity to provide support and often mastermind the conduct of difficult negotiations, at all times being an exemplar for the skills and attributes necessary for success as an Account Manager or Business Development Manager.
- Bookings/Revenue management – Ensure team achievement of quarterly/annual revenue goals
- Sales coaching – Provide consistent, effective commercial coaching to direct reports. Serve as an escalation point for the most challenging commercial conversations with members/prospects across the segment. Maintain a sharp emphasis on building commercial skills, commercial pipeline management and forecasting accuracy as well as driving service and cross-selling opportunities within members/prospects.
- Performance management – Deliver regular informal and formal feedback to direct reports including performance reviews, promotion decisions and performance improvement plans.
- Staff development – Partner with direct reports to build and execute upon long-term individual development plans. Onboard new hires and develop a robust succession plan.
- Departmental leadership support – Partner with local leadership on ANZ departmental initiatives, join interviewer bench, facilitate training, collaborate with colleagues in creating solutions for complex customer requirements and work with Marketing to align segment strategy.
- Market intelligence – Gathering market intelligence in shaping product/service deliverables, and positioning/ merchandising in collaboration with research and product team – acting as a ‘voice of the market’.
Sales Skills & Goal Orientation: Ability to drive urgency in the sales cycle; Ability to negotiate price points; Ability to meet personal and team monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue goals; Ability to diagnose prospect/member needs and identify relevant resources. Experience managing key/strategic account relationships is required.
Management Skills: Demonstrated poise and grace under pressure; Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness; Superior judgment; Demonstrated leadership ability; Ability to work independently and with a team; Ability to build relationships and work well across functions; Ability to manage, coach, and motivate staff.
Communication and Presentation Skills: Superior interpersonal skills; Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong presentation skills with an ability to engage audiences; Ability to present self professionally and intelligently to both internal clients/colleagues and prospects; Ability to develop rapport with corporate executives; Ability to successfully negotiate and close a sale; Ability to conduct substantive content / business discussions with senior-level contacts at member organisations; Exceptional ability to immediately establish one’s credibility with senior executives.
Analytic and Research Skills: Superior problem solving ability; Ability to learn substance of research quickly; Develop segmentation strategy to anticipate and respond to market needs; Ability to locate and procure sensitive data from original sources and senior executives; Appetite for detail; Intellectual curiosity and dedication to mastering complex terrain.
Organisation and Time Management Skills: Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines; Excellent organisation, multitasking, and prioritisation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree holder, a post graduate qualification would be preferable
- At least 5 years sales/commercial leadership experience – managing teams of 8 to a successful outcome. Demonstrable ability in sales coaching, mentoring and up-skilling.
- At least 10 years of proven sales experience – must include selling to a C-level audience
- Strong operations and process management experience
Back to top