Lead Software Engineer
CEB (NYSE: CEB) is the leading member-based advisory company. By combining the best practices of thousands of member companies with our advanced research methodologies and human capital analytics, we equip senior leaders and their teams with insight and actionable solutions to transform operations. This distinctive approach, pioneered by CEB, enables executives to harness peer perspectives and tap into breakthrough innovation without costly consulting or reinvention. The CEB member network includes more than 16,000 executives and the majority of top companies globally.
We are proud of the quality of our staff and are looking to add talented, dynamic people to our growing ranks. We feel the primary driver behind our business achievements is the quality of the staff we hire and develop over time.
The qualified candidate will be part of development team to design and develop a large scale web-based platform written and hosted on Linux and Open Source technologies. The platform allows our customers to access CEB program content, tools and services via Web sites and mobile technology. The ideal candidate will have technical team leadership experience in an agile development environment. He/ she should have developed complex, web based, client facing application solutions utilizing Linux and Open Source technologies. Strong expertise in PHP, Java, Spring, OSGi, ORM, and SQL is required. Expertise in Apache Solr and related technology is a plus. We are looking for a talented individual with exceptional technical, business and communication skills who can produce innovative and scalable software solutions.
- Provide technical leadership for future enhancements of the web platform
- Provide leadership in the architecting and design of the platform
- Perform code reviews and audits
- Set and enforce solid version control and automated build and release processes
- Research and develop new platform functionality
- B.S. in a Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree
- 8 years of experience in an IT or Business environment
- 2 years in a technical lead / architect role
- Excellent communications skills interacting with technical and business audiences
- Advanced Java or Linux certification a plus
- 8 years hands-on experience developing enterprise-grade solutions using Java, Spring, OSGi, ORMs, and SQL Server
- 8 years hands-on experience developing solutions using LAMP – PHP, Apache HTTPD and MySQL
- Proven, hands-on experience in SOA using SOAP and REST APIs
- Experience in Web Development and Content Management Systems. Adobe Experience Manager is preferred
- Proven, hands-on experience developing high-availability, multi-tiered web applications
- Skilled with developing in a highly-scalable database environment (SQL Server preferred)
- Experience developing using MySQL
- Proven, hands on experience migrating legacy applications to new technology and platforms
- Knowledge of application architecture and design patterns
- Experience in providing technical leadership to development teams
- Knowledge of Agile development environment
- Experience with Apache Tomcat configuration is preferred
- Experience with PHP frameworks like CodeIgniter.
- Experience with Server configuration using tools like Puppet, Chef and Ansible
Back to top