IT Service Scripting Engineer
IT Scripting and Automation Engineer CEB-Gurgaon
CEB (NYSE: CEB) is the leading member-based advisory company. By combining the best practices of thousands of member companies with our advanced research methodologies and human capital analytics, we equip senior leaders and their teams with insight and actionable solutions to transform operations. This distinctive approach, pioneered by CEB, enables executives to harness peer perspectives and tap into breakthrough innovation without costly consulting or reinvention. The CEB member network includes more than 16,000 executives and the majority of top companies globally.
The role of IT Scripting and Automation Engineer will be based in the Gurgaon office in India.
The Service Management team implements and supports the ITIL processes used throughout CEB’s Global IT function. Delivering high quality service to ensure CEB meets the requirement for their SOX controls and ISO certifications.
Team members will be Service Management professionals with a proven track record. They will be well versed in ITIL methodologies and be certified to ITIL v3 and ideally have working exposure to ISO 20000.
The role will report to the IT Service Management and Infrastructure Optimization Director, based currently in the UK.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Automation of IT procedures and user requests; Examples include:
- Automate the Service Request Catalog
- Utilize scripting tools including Chef / Puppet and MS Orchestrator to automate all existing and new Service Request.
- Automate incident resolution
- Review past incidents and provide automated resolution through scripting
- Work closely with the Problem Management process to provide automated resolution to root cause solutions
- Review new incidents and identify candidates for automated resolution.
- Providing Scripting and Automation support for other IT Operations team
- Work closely with each of the IT Operations team to identify procedural efficiency that can be achieved through scripting and automation
- Provide commentary for the monthly Service Reporting and SOX reports
- Resolve support ticket within SLA
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar required
- Strong scripting skills
- Chef / Puppet
- At least 3 years working within a scripting / automation environment
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment; ability to multi-task, change direction, effectively prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to occasionally adjust work schedule to meet business need (standard is 40 hour week)
- Flexibility in start times to accommodate the times changes across the globe, to ensure global coverage
Back to top