Graduate Trainee Business Development Associate
We are currentlyseeking a Business Development Associate (BDA) towork in our vibrant London office. TheBDA is an essential contributor to the performance of our new businessfunction, and supports one or several Business Development Managers. Meetingsand calls with prospective clients are the primary catalysts for new contracts,and the BDA has a key role in scheduling these. As well as providinglogistical/administrative support, the BDA also adds immense value to the salescycle by diagnosing the needs and 'pinch-points'of prospective clients. In turn, the BDA feeds these back into the sales cyclein order that we engage in the most appropriate and impactful manner. BusinessDevelopment Associates work in a close knit team with their BusinessDevelopment Managers, and are incentivised based on the number of these keyinteractions that they schedule.
Responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to:
Client/Prospect Facing Commercial Activities
- Outboundcold‐calling responsibilitiesto Europe's Senior Most Executives to schedule live or phone based business meetingson behalf of a Business Development Manager
- Successfullydiagnose the executive's key business needs where possible, to ensure a highquality of interaction in the first meeting with a Business Development Manager
- Seekto engage with secondary points of contact in client organisations to helpdrive consensus based decision making
- Whereappropriate recruit prospective clients to CEB, now Gartner service events(conferences and teleconferences)
- Supportthe Business Development Manager in all aspects of the sales cycle, includingFUPA (Follow – Up – Phone – Appointments) scheduling, recruiting prospectiveclients to meetings and engagement in other follow‐up activities
Non Client – Facing Commercial Activities
- Supportthe sales process by managing the administrative elements
- Createpreparation packets for Business Development Managers travelling to meet with /speak to prospective clients
- Reviewand update client information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate
- Salesterritory management and prioritisation
- Outboundmarketing to engage prospective members, e.g. email campaigns, mailing andinvitations
A successful candidatewill possess:
- Undergraduatedegree qualified (any discipline)
- Ideallya minimum of 9 months experience in a sales / new business support function(inside sales, prospecting, sales support), and able to demonstrate an exemplarservice ethic whilst contributing to individual and team goals
- Goaland action orientated with ability and desire to work towards revenue targets withina team environment
- Highlevel of comfort and determination when dealing with challenging situations,i.e. objection handling, overcoming gatekeepers etc.
- Solidorganisation, multi‐taskingand prioritisation skills, including an acute attention to detail
- Forwardthinking and solutions orientated approach at all times
- Strongcommunication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to engage asenior – level audience
- StrongMS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required, and any knowledge ofCRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be an advantage
Compensationand Benefits Package
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefit package including Medical Cover, Dental Cover, Group Personal Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Eye Care (free eye tests plus subsidized spectacles), Discounted gym membership and a Range of local discounts, e.g. theatre tickets, etc.
About CEB, Now Gartner
Leading organizations worldwiderely on CEB services to harness their untapped potential and grow. Now offeredby Gartner, CEB best practices and technology solutions equip clients with theintelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. Moreinformation is available at gartner.com/ceb.
Gartner,Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. Thecompany helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry andenterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the rightdecisions. Gartner's comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic adviceand proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-criticalpriorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and hasmore than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Senior Business Development Manager
Peter helps HR & customer service leaders evaluate and join CEB’s best practice research programs by showing them how their involvement will impact business performance.
Back to top