Global IT Service Desk Technician
Global IT Service Desk Technician, CEB- Gurgaon
CEB (NYSE: CEB) is the leading member-based advisory company. By combining the best practices of thousands of member companies with our advanced research methodologies and human capital analytics, we equip senior leaders and their teams with insight and actionable solutions to transform operations. This distinctive approach, pioneered by CEB, enables executives to harness peer perspectives and tap into breakthrough innovation without costly consulting or reinvention. The CEB member network includes more than 16,000 executives and the majority of top companies globally.
This position will be working as a member of the Global IT Service Desk Team. The Global IT Service Team provides both in-person and phone-based support to the 4,600 company employees across the globe. This position will provide onsite technical support for our Gurgaon office as well as phone-based support for non-local users.
This is an outstanding position for candidates who have excellent technical, hardware, and client service skills and enjoy managing a wide-variety of responsibilities while working in a fast-paced and friendly environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Global Service Desk: – provide both onsite and phone-based technical support for desktop hardware and software by identifying issue(s), determining and executing appropriate resolution, and communicating the resolution to the customer. Examples include:
- Troubleshoot and provide resolutions upon initial contact when possible, using password management tools, remote desktop, etc.
- Escalate or re-assign tickets to other departments when required
- Maintain accurate up-to-date status on all tickets.
- Ensure no tickets are older than 3 days in personal queue.
- Provide walk up/local IT support for hardware and software issues
- Assist with mobile device issues.
- Perform new user/new hire equipment set up
- Perform basic hardware and workstation repairs
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for desktop hardware and software applications.
- Meet or exceed all Global Service Desk metrics and process requirements (ticket management protocols, time tracking, communication requirements, etc.)
- Ensure that all users have been properly communicated before closing a ticket request.
- Related responsibilities as assigned
- Treat all customers with courtesy and professionalism.
- Administer security cards and access
- Perform Audio/Visual setup if necessary
- Serve as point of contact for management
Education and Experience Requirements:
- At least 2 years’ experience working on an IT Help Desk or in an IT Service environment
- Degree (Bachelors of Arts (BA) or Bachelors of Science (BS))
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Able to clearly and correctly express complex technical concepts in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of/experience with the following:
o MS Windows 7 and Windows 8 computing environment
o MS Office 2010/2013
o MS Outlook
o Internet Explorer 11.0
o Cisco Any Connect VPN (Virtual Private Network)
o Mobile devices
- Passion for providing excellent customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment; ability to multi-task, change direction, effectively prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to occasionally adjust work schedule to meet business need (standard is 40 hour week, with occasional overtime requirements)
- Interest in being part of a team, and ability to work effectively with both local and remote staff, teammates and managers
- MCSE or A certified is a plus
- Based in CEB’s Gurgaon office
- Able to work non-standard hours for periods of time as needed and participate in rotating weekend On-Call.
- Able to travel to domestic and international sites one to three times during a year, normally for periods of one week or less.
- Able to lift, carry and bend as required to install common end user computing items including desktop PCs and monitors, desktop telephones, desktop printers, and power protection devices
Back to top