CEB Talent Assessment helps organisations assess, select and develop the right people for the right roles using proven, science-based assessments, technologies, consulting services and benchmark data.
The CEB TA Business operates across 15 countries in multiple currencies with a combined revenue of $192M and cost base of $70M.
The FP&A Manager is primarily responsible for leading and coordinating the annual planning and rolling forecast cycles for the CEB TA Business and providing analysis, insight and direction on the business performance against those plans. This position is critical for the Business to develop robust and deliverable commercial plans and hold commercial leaders in the CEB TA business accountable to those plans. This role has a very high level of visibility across the CEB leadership team as it will involve a significant amount of business partnering with the senior-most functional leaders in the CEB TA Business. To be successful in the role, the FP&A manager will need to build strong relationships with TA commercial leaders and be able to identify critical insight and analysis on an ad-hoc basis that leads to actionable business outcomes, outside of the task orientated accountabilities outlined below.
oPartnering with the senior leadership team to support the scope and design of commercial planning models for the annual budgeting cycle, then managing the build and roll-out of those models to the local country managing directors, in accordance with the annual planning timetable.
oSupport the local country MD's in accurately modelling and presenting their annual business plans, through scheduled review and challenge of their plans, with a focus on growth, productivity and efficiency.
oManages the annual cost budget and monthly rolling cost forecast cycle for the CEB TA commercial business. Analyses current expenditure trends to identify risks and opportunities and reports on material differences to budget/forecast plan. Ensuring accurate and timely loading of data into Hyperion in accordance with the planning timetables.
- Cost Control
oManaging the month end cost reporting process for the CEB TA business. Ensuring the analysis from the more junior team members is meaningful and action oriented. Highlighting material structural cost concerns to the local Country MD's and making recommendations for mitigating action.
oPartnering with the senior leadership team to scope and design the monthly Management Information Pack, ensuring that the most relevant and actionable intel is easily reviewable by the country MD's, then managing the build and monthly production of the report, leveraging the more junior team members as required.
oResponsible for all headcount sign off (RTH's) related to the CEB TA commercial teams. Ensuring that country MD's stay within their overall cost envelope.
oResponsible for signing off all other spend (within Coupa) related to the CEB TA commercial business. Ensuring that country MD's stay within their overall cost envelope.
oManage the CEB TA bookings policy with regard to incentive credit amount and timing. Providing guidance to the CEB TA Booking team and senior commercial leaders on complex deals.
oCarrying out the validation of the monthly bookings result and working with the Booking Team to resolve any mis-statement.
oCreating insightful and actionable bookings reporting for the senior leadership team.
oBuilding relationships with all stakeholders both internal (to the team) and external, fostering the culture of open relationships and of playing the role of key Business Partner
oConstant review and Challenge to all existing processes, identifying processes that are either redundant or open to improvement and auctioning those changes autonomously.
- Degree Educated in a Finance related field
- Qualified Accountant with a recognised professional accounting body (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- 3-5 years previous experience in an FP&A role, with demonstrable evidence of progression in level of responsibility – at least 2 years PQE.
- Experience of having worked in a complex matrix organization dealing with the senior most contributors within that matrix (e.g CEO, CFO, Sales leaders, Commercial leaders)
- Demonstrable Experience of having managed budget and forecast planning cycles
- Very strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships and partner at the senior leadership level
- Advanced MS Excel (and other MS Office products)
- An advantage to have experience dealing with Hyperion Planning/Essbase, Oracle BI WebI, Taleo
- An advantage to have used and in a degree of detail CRM systems (e.g. SalesForce.com)
- Advanced Financial Analysis & Modelling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commercial mindset
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Senior Business Development Manager
Peter helps HR & customer service leaders evaluate and join CEB’s best practice research programs by showing them how their involvement will impact business performance.
Back to top