Executive Advisor - Finance Practice
If you are interested in a role that allows for rapid-fire consulting engagements across a broad range of world-leading clients, the ability to impact on the key strategic issues faced by some of the globe’s most famous brands, and an exceptional career path in a meritocratic environment, then read on. Our Executive Advisors of all levels enjoy the responsibility of forming relationships with world class executives, and can realistically expect to meet a broad variety of top practitioners from their chosen region over the course of just one year.
The Executive Advisor is responsible for interfacing almost continuously with C-level executives and other senior executives to foster deep, broad relationships with individuals, applying and packaging our resources to meet their challenges; and sensing patterns among customer needs to drive the research agenda and event calendar. Additionally, the Executive Advisor is responsible for supporting commercial meetings in conjunction with revenue partners. The role is responsible for overall contract value outcomes for the programs they support.
CEB is investing more resources in the Executive Advisor position across all product lines as this high touch role is critical to influencing the overall client experience. We are positioning this role to have a deeper level of client engagement to ensure each member is fully leveraging CEB resources.
The CEB Finance team encompasses ten products that support a CFO, a Chief Audit Officer and their leadership team and respective functions. Those executives and functions are facing an increasingly complex world with Finance acting as a business advisor, managing Risk in a complex regulatory environment, managing company Finances in an economically volatile world, making decisions with increased data and the CFO operating at the Board level with a larger influence over corporate strategy. Our research, insights and tools are uniquely designed to support better decision making in these complex environments. Within the last few months, CEB research has been used in the Wall Street Journal and CFO magazine.
- Applies expansive knowledge of CEB research to help resolve high-value business problems for clients
- Manages and develops Advisory strategy for a portfolio of member companies
- Assumes a leadership role in defining the research agenda and in product development activities
- Actively shapes the direction of ongoing research and product creation projects; participates in and provides feedback during checkpoint meetings and other stages of the strategic research process
- Supports revenue functions to diagnose issues and deliver insight and value “in the moment”
- Bachelor’s degree
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 40%
- At least 4 years in related field or industry
- Graduate degree
- 4 years in related field or industry
- Proficient in distilling data or information to identify key findings
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytic and problem skills
- Ability to highly engage senior-level executives at current member companies by building relationships, establishing credibility, conducting substantive content discussions, diagnosing needs, solving problems, and identifying relevant resources
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Ability to effectively navigate a highly matrixed environment
Why Should I Be Interested?
- Unique opportunity to explore your intellectual curiosity while working for a global ideas company that is distinguished by the quality of its insights
- Ability to work with and learn from truly exceptional talent
- Ability to deliver insight to transform how executives approach problems, and witness the impact of your interaction and partnership with those executives
- Work in an environment characterized by a Spirit of Generosity, where senior leadership encourages staff to give back and make an impact on the communities in which we live and work
CEB is a best practice insight and technology company. In partnership with leading organizations around the globe, we develop innovative solutions to drive corporate performance. CEB equips leaders at more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. CEB is a trusted partner to 90% of the Fortune 500, nearly 75% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans, and more than 85% of the FTSE 100. More at cebglobal.com.
Known as an innovative growth firm, CEB is hiring experienced professionals and early careerists within a variety of intellectually stimulating careers. Learn more about our global opportunities at cebcareers.com.
CEB is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Back to top