Events & Training Operations Associate
This is a great opportunity to join asmall but dynamic team responsible for delivering a global InternalCommunication training calendar on time, within budget and to the highestpossible standards.
Our Black Belt training courses aredesigned to equip internal communication (IC) executives with the skills andcompetencies to develop their career, improve the performance of the ICfunction and enable their organizations to achieve strategic goals.
Our clients are senior communicationsexecutives working for multi-national organizations in Europe, North Americaand Asia Pacific, including Microsoft, Cisco, LinkedIn, RBS, Shell, Ikea,Unilever and Pepsico.
We're looking for a new Events &Training Operations Associate to work closely with the existing team. Thisperson will draw on their own and Gartner's experience and knowledge to manage thedelivery of Black Belt across EMEA, North America and Asia Pacific.
- Managethe logistics for the Internal Communications Black Belt Program
- Buildand maintain relationships with:
o External stakeholders,including customers, trainers and other service providers.
o Internal stakeholders,including immediate team members, advisors and designers.
- Be themain point of contact for all delegates before and after the training, toensure their experience is world-class and consistent with our brand.
- Attendtraining courses and delegate dinners as necessary to manage room requirementsand set up, support the trainers and network with delegates.
- Buildlong-term relationships with customers through pre-training assessments andongoing service interactions.
- Produceand coordinate error-free course materials including but not limited topre-work, FAQ pages, badges, workbooks, rooming lists, feedback forms, delegatelists, handouts and staff handover documents.
- Collateand pack materials, coordinate and track international shipments to successfuldelivery.
- Sourceand reserve restaurants for small networking dinners in cities includingLondon, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Melbourne and Sydney.
- Helpsource training venues in cities including London, New York, Chicago, LosAngeles, Melbourne and Sydney.
- Processinvoices in a timely manner (including client chargebacks) and input actualmeeting spend data into Cvent to comply with all finance-related deadlines.
- Supportother team members during busy periods.
- Contributeto departmental projects and make suggestions on how toimprove existing processes and procedures.
Required skills and experience
- At least one year's experience in anevent management role or similar
- Strong writing, editing and proofing
- High attention to detail
- Proventeam player
- Excellent multi-tasking and calmnessunder pressure
- Strong initiative to work throughblocks, make smart decisions and get the job done
- Communication and relationship building
- Global cultural awareness andunderstanding
- Venue contracting and negotiation
- Microsoft Office (mandatory),SalesForce and Cvent (preferable)
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Senior Business Development Manager
Peter helps HR & customer service leaders evaluate and join CEB’s best practice research programs by showing them how their involvement will impact business performance.
Back to top