Evanta, a CEB Company, fosters leadership development and collaborative exchange among North America’s top executives. Along with CEB (NYSE: CEB), we gather more than 30,000 c-suite executives through more than 130,000 interactions a year. We create unmatched opportunities for leaders of the best companies in the world to network, share, and learn.
Our tightly governed, powerful network starts with face-to-face gatherings and leadership conferences, and extends into professional development programs and membership services, including our mobile social networking platform, Evanta365 Connect.
Essential Functions/ Major Responsibilities:
The Operations Specialist plans and manages all details related to the production of company events including but not limited to venue selection, hotel reservations, team travel, room setup, decorating, staging, audio visual, and catering. Created and reviews staff assignments with on-site team prior to each assigned event. Directs the activities of hotel, catering, decorating and AV staff to ensure each event is setup correctly and runs according to plan. Provides customer service and support to attendees, sponsors and team members to ensure a successful event experience. Performs administrative duties to support internal operations in the Evanta office.
- Research and select event venues
- Ability to negotiate and secure contracts with each hotel or venue
- Plan and manage operations and logistics for all assigned events
- Book flights, accommodations, and ground transportation for on-site teams
- Coordinate communications as primary point of contact for the on-site team, hotel staff, and sponsors on all logistical aspects of the event
- Coordinate the decorating and audio/video partners to ensure conference rooms are set up and function correctly
- Manage invoices, purchase orders, budgets, and facilitate payment of event related bills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 year of applicable work experience
- Previous events experience preferred (not required)
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Multi-tasking and the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Able to work independently and on a team
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with high degree of professionalism
- Maintain composure in a fast paced environment
- Travel required 4-8 times per year
Salary $35,000 – $45,000 DOE
Thank you for your interest in Evanta!
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Senior Business Development Manager
Peter helps HR & customer service leaders evaluate and join CEB’s best practice research programs by showing them how their involvement will impact business performance.
Back to top