We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Event Associate for CEB International Executive Forums.
Founded in 1990, CEB International Executive Forums provide a comprehensive business briefing service and network for sharing ideas and experiences exclusively for the local leaders of global companies. CEB International Executive Forums comprises three peer groups, the International CEO Forum with over 300 members, the International CFO Forum with 200 members and the International HRD Forum with 180 members. In addition, the Forums business delivers a number of special events for female executives and emerging executives. In 2016, CEB International Executive Forums is expanding and will launch the International CSO Forum in Australia as well as the International CFO Forum in Singapore.
The Events Associate is responsible for supporting all the detailed facets of events production including production of schedules, agendas, information packs, nametags, table tents as well as registrations, greeting members at events and helping them to their seats, speakers gifts, gifts for members, florists, photographers etc.
This position would suit an ambitious professional looking for an opportunity to grow and develop their corporate event management skills at a professional services company. Demonstrating superior poise and grace under pressure, the ideal candidate has excellent time management skills, is detail oriented, comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment and maintaining flexibility in their day to day workflow.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Events Production Support
- Handle all incoming member and other phone calls and email correspondence
- Receive and redirect written correspondence
- Add and update events to master calendar and ensure accuracy at all time
- Be aware of all upcoming events and support required
- Receive, track and respond to attendee queries and registration updates (new registrations, cancellations, attendees to be waitlisted, etc.) in a timely manner
- Respond to internal staff inquiries regarding meeting-related logistics
- Prepare and proof agendas, schedules, participant lists and any other event related documentation on both Word and CVent
- Register members and prospects for events
- Provide analysis in tracking historical attendance trends in order to predict future registration patterns
- Support Events Producer by liaising with suppliers including venues, caterers, audio visual, photographers, florists, transport providers (airlines, car hire, bus companies, etc), speakers agents, publishers and gift suppliers
- Manage outbound meeting material process (including shipping and ensuring on-time delivery of meeting materials)
- Attend events in order to set up room and reception area; greet members upon arrival and provide assistance with seating arrangements
- Resolve unexpected issues (inconsistencies in meeting materials, missing nametags or tents, last minute meal requests, etc.) in the moment before member experience is impacted
- Support Event Producers as necessary when they are offsite at meetings
- Coordinate virtual events providing onsite technical support to Directors/Managers and attendees as well as post event follow up
- Ensure that all expenses are tracked and recorded for each event and that events are delivered within budget
- Ensure that all expense claims for credit card expenditure are submitted accurately and on time
The successful candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications
- Strong organisaitonal skils and attention to detail
- Superior quality and service standard
- Excellent communication skills, both interpersonal and written
- Poise and “grace under pressure”;
- Ability to greet and interact with senior executive membership and internal clients confidently and professionally
- Exceptional telephone manner
- Solid computer and analytical skills including CVent, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented; solid work ethic
- Strong demonstration of team, collaboration and collegial warmth.
- Strong record of achievement in current position
- Interest in events management, some events experience desirable
- Enthusiasm and strong willingness to learn
For more information on other exciting opportunities, please visit our Careers page.
CEB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top