Enterprise Account Executive (Chicago)
What Is the Business Development Manager, Large Enterprise Role?
BDMs engage with C-suite level executives (CFOs, CIOs, CMOs, etc.) at large enterprise companies (Comcast, CSX, Johnson & Johnson, etc.) to generate new business revenue. They are expected to build rapport with senior level executives, advise them on best practice business solutions, and strategically manage the sales opportunity within their own defined territories. A key part of the consultative sales process includes engaging executives on CEB's unique business model and the value that our products bring to their firms.
BDMs in our Large Enterprise division work in an exciting culture, surrounded by talented, motivated and intellectual colleagues who thrive on helping executives solve their most pressing business challenges. By interacting with the highest level of decision makers at some of the world's most renowned companies, this role provides a unique opportunity to learn how to apply executive level thinking to problem solving.
What Are the Key Responsibilities?
- Generate C-Suite sales leads through professional networking and cold-call techniques
- Evaluate prospects' business needs and present the appropriate mix of CEB products within a regional territory
- Understand evolving business insights and effectively articulate the value proposition to prospective clients
- Lead senior executives into active membership status through a consultative sales approach
- Execute a transactional sales methodology with an average sales cycle of (3) months or less
What Are the Basic Qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree
- 4-10 years of experience identifying and closing new B2B sales opportunities
- Willingness and ability to travel in a regional state territory
What Are the Preferred Qualifications?
- Proven track record of closing new business consistently at or above quota level
- Successful experience in sales environments with emphasis on high volume transactional achievement
- Solid understanding of business concepts & dynamics for large national and international corporations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience building credibility with a senior level client base
- Strong Business to Business (B2B) sales experience
- Solution based sales experience with an emphasis on service oriented products
Why Should I Be Interested?
- Formal on-boarding program that allows you to build a foundation for success
- Best in class sales training that will enable you to further develop your selling skills
- Significant amount of opportunity for career trajectory
- Competitive base salary plus uncapped (quarterly) commission
- Variety of incentive campaigns that recognize top performers for their achievements
CEB is a best practice insight and technology company. In partnership with leading organizations around the globe, we develop innovative solutions to drive corporate performance. CEB equips leaders at more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. CEB is a trusted partner to 90% of the Fortune 500, nearly 75% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans, and more than 85% of the FTSE 100. More at cebglobal.com.
Known as an innovative growth firm, CEB is hiring experienced professionals and early careerists within a variety of intellectually stimulating careers. Learn more about our global opportunities at cebcareers.com.
CEB is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Senior Business Development Manager
Peter helps HR & customer service leaders evaluate and join CEB’s best practice research programs by showing them how their involvement will impact business performance.
Back to top