Engineer II, Systems Engineering and Support
CEB (NYSE: CEB) is the leading member-based advisory company. By combining the best practices of thousands of member companies with our advanced research methodologies and human capital analytics, we equip senior leaders and their teams with insight and actionable solutions to transform operations. This distinctive approach, pioneered by CEB, enables executives to harness peer perspectives and tap into breakthrough innovation without costly consulting or reinvention. The CEB member network includes more than 16,000 executives and the majority of top companies globally.
Named one of Forbes most innovative growth companies in 2014, CEB is hiring experienced professionals and early careerists within a variety of fast-paced and intellectually stimulating career paths. Learn more about our global opportunities at cebcareers.com.
We are proud of the quality of our staff and are looking to add talented, dynamic people to our growing ranks. We feel the primary driver behind our business achievements is the quality of the staff we hire and develop over time.
CEB offers a dynamic, performance-oriented and informal work environment. Salaries and benefits are highly competitive with other leading multinational firms in India. For more information about our company, please visit our Web site at www.cebglobal.com.
Position: Engineer, Systems Engineering and Support
The Support Engineer will act as a liaison to our users in support of our Member Facing websites. They will also assist in projects and enhancement requests to the member facing websites. Support Engineers are expected to enforce policies and procedures associated with the effective and efficient administration of the sites. The Support Engineer will work closely with both the member facing web technology teams and the business units to provide website support for both business users and our members.
- Manage Customer Support issues related to websites and resolve based on priority.
- Communicate issues, system downtime, and service interruptions to team members, managers and CEB clients in a timely manner.
- Work closely with web platform teams and be aware of upcoming projects and initiatives as well as provide feedback.
- Establish positive client relationships by communicating clearly, responding in an effective and timely manner, and ensuring that client expectations are met or exceeded.
- Provide front-line support for all web issues.
- Train client community through support and documentation.
- Identify ways to leverage content managers to assist with addressing issues.
- Assist with problem analysis and decision making with clients and team members.
- Ensure system uptime by proactively identifying potential critical issues and identifying appropriate resources necessary to resolve them.
- Identify, recommend, and implement tools that can proactively monitor the supported applications.
- Identify trends related to technical issues and proactively resolve or escalate those trends to the proper IT groups.
- Administrating and supporting Adobe CQ (AEM), Microsoft Windows Server 2008 , and Internet Information Server (IIS).
- Drive system performance improvements
- Experience with Adobe CQ (AEM)
- Experience with web application deployment
- Topical IT knowledge regarding DNS, firewalls, email, and operating systems
- Knowledge of CMMI and ITIL processes
- Tomcat admin (JMX debugging and monitoring is a plus)
- IIS and Apache administration
- SQL database knowledge and SQL scripting (MySQL administration is a plus)
- Windows Server
- Ubuntu and RedHat/CentOS experience
- Puppet or Chef use and development
- Zabbix or Nagios configuration or administration
- Linux clustering experience (a plus – clustering experience on VMWare is even better)
- Experience supporting content management systems and Salesforce.com a plus
- Experience with HTML, JS and ASP.Net is a plus
- Experience with Jenkins is a plus
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Must be able to build and maintain positive client relationships
- Work with global teams to define and deliver on projects
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for technology and keeping up with new trends
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 3 years of experience with resolving web site issues and managing a service queue, with a minimum of 1 year in a systems administrator role.
- Excellent communications skills interacting with technical and business audiences
Back to top