CPS Design Manager
CEB (NYSE: CEB) is a best practice insight and technology company. In partnership with leading organizations around the globe, we develop innovative solutions to drive corporate performance. CEB equips leaders at more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. CEB is a trusted partner to 90% of the Fortune 500, nearly 75% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans, and more than 85% of the FTSE 100.
We are looking for an experienced, organized, and creative design professional with excellent aesthetic, project, people, budget, and resource management skills. A primary focus of this position will be to oversee and develop the design team and to manage key client design projects, budgets, and relationships.
The position balances design and management responsibilities. You time will likely be divided in the following manner:
- 80%—Performance Management, Quality Assurance, Developing Budgets, Foster Teamwork, Giving Feedback, Influencing & Developing Standards
- Manage, coach, and mentor a department of print designers of various tenures, backgrounds, and experience to succeed and foster a positive work environment.
- Focus on guiding the team to project manage and produce high-quality deliverables in line with department and firm benchmarks.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with clients, direct reports, and peer group.
- Understand and drive department budgets to effectively manage resources.
§ Assess workload across the department and help team with heavy project management, prioritization, and workload sharing.
§ Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenses; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
§ Understand department processes and be flexible to modify them as required to adapt to changing department and client needs
§ Maintain quality service by enforcing quality and client service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and client service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
§ Identify and evaluate trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes.
§ Proactively work to execute initiatives identified by department senior leadership
§ Guide and coach team to meet productivity and utilization goals
§ Participate in recruiting process and initiatives to engage and motivate employees
§ Oversees staff development and performance management through formal and informal coaching
§ Hold regular one-on-one meetings with staff members
- Document staff progress and writes thorough performance reviews
- Organize team meetings in which team bonding, continuing education, and department protocols are the core focus
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Lead by example and foster a collaborative and positive work environment
- Superior customer service ethic even in the most challenging situations
- Strong member service ethic and a solid understanding of the business and value of CEB
- Exhibits excellent account management and negotiation skills
Communication and Presentation Skills
- Ability to present self professionally and intelligently to internal clients and vendors
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage staff during team and department meetings
Analytic and Time Management Skills
- Ability to analyze quantitative and/or qualitative data as related to the business and inform business decisions
- Ability to analyze trends in workflow on a client and team level
- Well-established organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Proactively work on resource planning to improve workflow efficiency
Critical Skills and Capabilities
- Ability to work in corporate environment using templates and brand and graphic style sheets
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work in a remote/global, culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to project manage large department-wide projects
- Highly detailed and organized
- Excellent client engagement skills
- Strong project management skills
- Superior problem solving ability; lead with a yes
- Superior professional judgment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Demonstrated poise and grace under pressure
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to manage, motivate, and coach staff with a positive attitude
- Ability to perform gracefully under pressure and meet inflexible or shifting deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong attention to detail
- College degree in a related discipline
§ 3 years experience in a production/creative services/print environment
§ Knowledge of InDesign
§ At least one year of experience managing staff directly or significant team leadership on projects
§ Willingness to be flexible to project needs; availability to work long days and weekends
§ Prior work experience of working on remote/international teams will be an added bonus
CEB Creative department has 10 core values:
1. Listen, Collaborate, and Consult
2. Build Meaningful Relationships
3. Keep the Member at The Center
4. Be Efficient and Effective
5. Practice Creative Problem Solving
6. Embrace and Drive Change
7. Remember the Details That Matter
8. Pursue Growth and Learning
9. Live the Spirit of Generosity
10. Have Fun and Work Passionately
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Senior Business Development Manager
Peter helps HR & customer service leaders evaluate and join CEB’s best practice research programs by showing them how their involvement will impact business performance.
Back to top