Consumer Strategist - Iconoculture
This can be based in our offices in Minneapolis, Chicago, San Francisco or Washington, DC. For extremely qualified candidates, this can be based out of a home office.
As part of our Marketing and Communications practice, we are currently seeking a consumer strategist within CEB Iconoculture, now Gartner. The consumer strategist will translate consumer trends into actionable insight and marketing applications for Fortune 1000 clients and ad agencies, with particular focus on emerging technologies, IoT, gaming, media and entertainment, social media and digital marketing. Experience in retail and/or financial services is also a plus. In this role, you are responsible for contributing to Iconoculture content and for advising clients via one hour phone conversations about marketing implications in these areas.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Translate consumer behaviors related to technology and other areas of coverage into actionable insight and marketing applications for Fortune 1000 clients and ad agencies.
- Participate in client calls, meetings and presentations.
- Incorporate CEB Iconoculture's values-based methodology. This includes use of qualitative and quantitative data sources.
- Use cultural expertise to explain the 'why' behind observed consumer mindsets and behaviors.
- Contextualize information according to STEEP factors.
- Research market conditions, industry trends and consumer needs and wants in different verticals.
- Identify global marketing best practices.
- Assist in the development and writing of high-value synthesized reports and presentations. This includes using proprietary tools to download information and insights, as well as editing and formatting.
- Collaborate with sales efforts.
- Build and deliver engaging presentations in your areas of expertise for CEB Iconoculture clients and sales events.
- Bachelor's degree, advanced degree preferred
- 5 years experience in a related field/position/industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills applied to analysis/applications for publication on our proprietary website and in special projects
- Engaging and inspiring presentation skills
- Proven ability to work productively in a virtual work environment and create necessary personal systems to maximize productivity
- Self-starting, highly responsible regarding deadlines and commitments
- Required to be highly marketing/business literate and have ability to WOW clients with marketing strategy and functional titles
- Big thinker with unbounded curiosity ready to share groundbreaking ideas about consumer behavior in areas of coverage
- Passion for and discernment of consumer culture, with the ability to translate cultural observations into marketing and/or product development opportunities.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% required.
CEB Iconoculture Consumer Insights gets you closer to the consumer than ever before. We combine in-depth, culturally informed consumer research with tailored advisory support to give real-time understanding of the consumers you need to engage. Our research and expertise reach across categories, demographics, and geographies to help you engage your target segments.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Business Development Associate
Andrew works with his team to find and reach out to new business prospects for CEB. He interfaces with Fortune 500 companies across the world—and gets them on board with CEB's solutions.
Back to top