Consultant, Sales Solutions
Sales and Marketing Solutions, Challenger Activation
CEB (NYSE: CEB) is the leading member-based advisory company. By combining the best practices of thousands of member companies with our advanced research methodologies and human capital analytics, we equip senior leaders and their teams with insight and actionable solutions to transform operations. This distinctive approach, pioneered by CEB, enables executives to harness peer perspectives and tap into breakthrough innovation without costly consulting or reinvention. The CEB member network includes more than 16,000 executives and the majority of top companies globally
CEB is currently seeking a Consultant in our Sales and Marketing Solutions team that will be focused on managing and delivering technology-enabled Challenger sales and marketing programs for mid-sized companies. The person hired will be joining an executive level initiative at CEB and will be one of the first full-time delivery team members who will introduce Challenger solutions to companies with less than $1B in revenue. The solution will help companies implement and sustain the approach that can be found in CEB's best-selling business book, The Challenger Sale and the newly released The Challenger Customer.
The successful candidate will be a critical thinker who can manage a variety of accounts and responsibilities, but will also help us to innovate in our delivery approach.
- Customer Success/Client Management: Own a portfolio of clients to drive utilization with technology and service components. Manage the approach, timeline and deliverables.
- Delivery to Senior Audience: Facilitate and manage strategic discussions (virtual meetings and potentially in-person meetings). Educate commercial leadership on Challenger and change management tactics to support and more importantly sustain the program.
- Conduct Sales Messaging Process with Senior Audience: Facilitate senior leadership in developing strategic sales messages that set them apart from their competitors
- Commercial Support: Partner with revenue team to engage customers, diagnose customer needs, and demonstrate urgency for the revenue transaction. Customer Success also drives renewals and cross-sell/upsell with customers.
- Entrepreneurial Efforts: Contribute to a wide range of internal 'Business Building' activities e.g. develop customer success strategy, support recruiting efforts, guide training/development approach, design new service offerings, etc.
- People Management: Supervise an analyst through customer success activities. As team grows, act as long-term mentor for specific analysts, including coaching, development, and performance reviews/ratings
A successful candidate will possess:
- Ability to facilitate and manage discussions with senior audience. Presentation skills are critical to success in the position.
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Strong commercial acumen to drive renewal, cross-sell and upsell
- Strong project management skills - ability to coordinate multiple engagements simultaneously and prioritize demands
- Ability to present self professionally and intelligently to internal/external clients
- Ability to facilitate substantive content discussions with senior-level contacts at member organizations
- Exceptional ability to immediately establish one's credibility with senior executives
- Comfort with technology and software and experience in driving software and / or process adoption
- Interest in working with and nuancing a technology-driven solution for clients
- Effective at managing virtual teams / clients
- Graduated with exceptional performance in undergraduate/graduate academics; MBA, JD, or other graduate degrees preferred
- 5 – 8 years in customer success, sales/sales training, management consulting, or a project management-specific role
- Ability to travel up to an estimated 10% of the time
CEB offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Competitive base salary plus unlimited bonus potential
- Formal paid training and on-boarding program
- Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid time off (PTO), employee stock purchase plan, flexible spending, and tuition assistance
For more information on other exciting opportunities, please visit our Careers page.
CEB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Business Development Associate
Andrew works with his team to find and reach out to new business prospects for CEB. He interfaces with Fortune 500 companies across the world—and gets them on board with CEB's solutions.
Back to top