Business Development Manager - Player-Coach
CEB (NYSE: CEB) is the leading member-based advisorycompany. By combining the best practices of thousands of member companies withour advanced research methodologies and human capital analytics, we equipsenior leaders and their teams with insight and actionable solutions totransform operations. This distinctive approach, pioneered by CEB, enablesexecutives to harness peer perspectives and tap into breakthrough innovationwithout costly consulting or reinvention. The CEB member network includes morethan 16,000 executives and the majority of top companies globally.
Weare currently seeking a Player Coach. The Player Coach is a management positionwith responsibility for the coaching and professional development of 1-2 AccountManagers/Relationship Managers or Business Development Managers (AMs/RMs/ BDMs),while also working to achieve own sales goal.
Responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to:
- Build relationships with members/prospects through demonstration of in-depth institutional knowledge, understanding of specific institutional needs/priorities and application of surface-level research solutions.
- Navigate CEB’s membership offerings on behalf of the institution, ensuring the appropriate product is provided to meet the member need
- Educate members/prospects on the benefits of CEB’s products and services through compelling articulation of our business model and value proposition
- Create customized account plans for each institution, outlining service delivery and CV growth strategies for existing and potential memberships within the institution.
- Collaborate with Executive Advisors to ensure targeted and substantive content solution delivery.
- Utilize existing member relationships to navigate within the institution and generate/contact new business leads.
- Evaluate prospects’ business needs and present appropriate mix of CEB products
- Determine appropriate tactics to drive urgency in sales cycle, including trial meetings/ teleconferences, guest website access, discounting, etc.
And additionalManagerial, Coaching and Leadership responsibilities
Revenue management – Assist directreports in achieving their respective quarterly and annual revenue goals
Sales coaching – Provide consistent,effective commercial coaching to direct reports. Serve as an escalation point for themost challenging commercial conversations with members/prospects acrossthe region.
Performance management – Deliver regularinformal and formal feedback to direct reports including performance reviews,promotion decisions and performance improvement plans.
Staff development – Partner with directreports to build and execute upon long-term individual development plans. Onboard new hires.
- Departmental leadershipsupport –Partner with local leadership on departmental initiatives, join AM/BDMinterviewer bench and facilitate training
A successful candidate will possess:
- Strong record of consistent, personal performance in current role
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coach, and motivate staff
- Willingness to work outside the strict job description parameters, thinking creatively about how to provide the highest level of customer/member service
- Ability to build relationships and work well across functions
- Ability to build and balance short and long term plans whilst embracing and responding to unexpected changes.
Back to top