Business Development Manager, Mid-Market
Motivated by results? You've come to the right place. When you join CEB, now Gartner, Sales, you'll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with access to C-level executives and critical business priorities. As a Business Development Manager you'll use quick thinking and dynamic sales strategy to apply solutions to the most pressing business challenges affecting executives from around the globe. We're the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can't find anywhere else.
Will offer relocation assistance to help make this opportunity a reality!
We do it for the impact
Our sales and account management team connects clients with the right products to unlock corporate potential. We are an unstoppable force of proactivity, engagement, resourcefulness, and application. We offer relevant information and actionable insight to leaders at more than 10,000 companies to manage talent, benchmark performance, and achieve critical objectives—effectively changing their futures. That's why we sell research and technology.
What you'll do:
- Act as a strategic partner to c-level executives and establish new business relationships with non-client organizations.
- Expose prospective clients to the value of our offerings, and secure prospects with urgency to exceed revenue goals.
- Amplify multiple prospective members by using CEB/Gartner sales techniques and collecting market intelligence to drive our internal product development efforts.
- Collaborate with team members across departments to drive the end-to-end sales process
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- At least 2 years of experience identifying and closing new sales opportunities
- Varsity-level communication and presentation skills
- Stellar track record of closing new business at or above quota (prove it)
- Thriving experience in high-volume transactional achievement, relationship building with senior-level clients, and Business to Business (B2B) sales
- Solid understanding of business dynamics at large national and international corporations
Why you'll want it:
- We show you a clear career path for advancement— with multiple career options in an individual contributor or management role (you did say you're motivated).
- We offer a unique training curriculum specifically designed to foster a long-term career in the field
- You'll earn a competitive base salary plus uncapped commission as well as all-expense-paid luxury incentive trips.
- We take care of you with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, flexible spending, and tuition assistance.
- Diversity and inclusion are at our core—join established Veterans', Women's, LGBT, and cultural groups to celebrate our differences.
Grow with us
Launch your future at a global market leader! We help our customers grow by harnessing their untapped potential. Leaders at more than 10,000 organizations worldwide rely on our advisory services and technology solutions to manage their talent, customers, and operations. More at cebglobal.com and gartner.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. CEB, now Garter, promotes a drug-free workplace. CEB will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Business Development Associate
Andrew works with his team to find and reach out to new business prospects for CEB. He interfaces with Fortune 500 companies across the world—and gets them on board with CEB's solutions.
Back to top