Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager, Talent Assessment
What Is the Business Development Manager Role?
Business Development Managers(BDMs) engage with C-suite level HR executives at companies with > $250M in annual revenue to generate new business deals. They are expected to build rapport with senior level executives, advise them on best practice business solutions, and strategically manage the sales opportunity within their own defined territories. A key part of the consultative sales process includes engaging executives on the value that our solutions bring to their firms.
BDMs work in an exciting culture, surrounded by talented, motivated and intellectual colleagues who thrive on helping executives solve their most pressing business challenges. By interacting with the highest level of decision makers at some of the world's most renowned companies, this role provides a unique opportunity to learn how to apply executive level thinking to problem solving.
What Are the Key Responsibilities?
- Generate C-Suite sales leads through professional networking and cold-call techniques
- Evaluate prospects' business needs and present Talent Assessment solutions within a regional territory
- Understand evolving business insights and effectively articulate the value proposition to prospective clients
- Lead senior executives into active client status through a consultative sales approach
What Are the Basic Qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of experience identifying and closing new sales opportunities
- Willingness and ability to travel in excess of 40% in a regional state territory
What Are the Preferred Qualifications?
- Proven track record of closing new business consistently at or above quota level
- Solid understanding of business concepts & dynamics for large national and international corporations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience building credibility with a senior level client base
- Strong Business to Business (B2B) sales experience
- Solution based sales experience with an emphasis on service oriented products
Why Should I Be Interested?
- Formal on-boarding program that allows you to build a foundation for success
- Significant amount of opportunity for career trajectory
- Competitive base salary plus uncapped (quarterly) commission
- Variety of incentive campaigns that recognize top performers for their achievements
CEB, now Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Business Development Associate
Andrew works with his team to find and reach out to new business prospects for CEB. He interfaces with Fortune 500 companies across the world—and gets them on board with CEB's solutions.
Back to top