Business Development Manager
Do you love all things selling related? Learn how to master sales—from the company that literally wrote the book on it.
CEB needs a Business Development Manager to focus on growing our member base, rather than developing business within well-established accounts. If you have a sharply honed consulting style, this is your chance to be an integral part of our own growth and revenue achievements. You will also target top executives of previously untapped potential member companies, drive the pivotal moment where leads become sales, and reap the rewards of negotiating contracts through to a successful close.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Generate C-level leads through professional networking and cold-call techniques and conducting telephone-based or virtual sales meetings
- Build new business throughout Europe, and identify new business opportunities in new-to-CEB corporations.
- Turn senior executives into active members through consultative selling, manage the full negotiation and close process, and handle the transition of these active members to the account manager team.
- Demonstrate commercial agility and acuity for effectively articulating the programs’ value proposition and diagnosing the prospective members’ business needs.
- Manage an average sales cycle of 60 days or less.
- Close deals consistently, with an average size of £20,000-£30,000.
We Want a BDM with These Qualifications
- 5+ years of successful sales/business development experience, including commercial negotiations with C-level decision makers in blue-chip companies
- Ability to handle revenue responsibility and meet monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goals
- Proven ability to precisely manage and forecast a complex sales process
- Strong interpersonal skills; can quickly build rapport and deliver compelling, persuasive arguments to an executive-level audience
- Solid understanding of business concepts & dynamics for large national and international corporations
- Superior time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Willingness to conduct EMEA-wide travel as necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in addition to a business-related post-graduate degree)
What CEB Can Offer You
- Competitive base salary plus uncapped incentive compensation
- Formal paid training and on-boarding program
- Full benefits package
- The opportunity to directly impact the world's most powerful executives
About the Firm
1. CEB is a best practice insight and technology company. In partnership with leading organizations around the globe, we develop innovative solutions to drive corporate performance. CEB equips leaders at more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. CEB is a trusted partner to nearly 90% of the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100, and more than 70% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans. More at cebglobal.com.
Known as an innovative growth firm, CEB is hiring experienced professionals and early careerists in exciting locations around the world. Learn more about our opportunities at cebcareers.com.
CEB is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Senior Business Development Manager
Peter helps HR & customer service leaders evaluate and join CEB’s best practice research programs by showing them how their involvement will impact business performance.
Back to top