Business Development Intern - Chicago
Are you driven by results and achieving goals? Would you like to interact with C-level executives from some of the world’s leading companies? At CEB, we are seeking undergraduate Business Development Interns to assist with engaging senior-level executives, proactively scheduling and confirming sales meetings, facilitating interactions with existing members, and participating in cold-calling and sales lead generation campaigns.
Learn from truly Exceptional Sales Talent.
We offer an internship that leads to our full-time Sales and Service Professional Development Program designed to support on-the-job activities. As an intern, you get a glimpse into our training curriculum, which will provide you with the essential skills and business acumen to become world-class sales professionals, and build successful careers in sales. We will help strengthen your strategic thinking, business writing, and problem solving skills, which are key competencies for increased selling potential and to advance to the next level at CEB.
How Do Interns make an Impact?
- Prospect and make outbound calls, emails and LinkedIn messages to business leads and qualified companies to assist with sales goals.
- Partner with Sales Executives and Account Managers to support sales cycle success, and drive urgency.
- Educate prospective or new clients and members – over the phone – on the value of CEB’s renowned products and services.
- Manage and respond to inbound requests from prospective or current members.
- Ensure members are leveraging CEB’s extensive offerings, and deliver high quality service to help drive future sales.
- Recruit prospects or members to attend live and online events, such as webinars or roundtable discussions, to showcase the value of CEB membership and drive the close of key sales and renewal opportunities.
- Ensure that Salesforce.com contains accurate account details and contact information for members and prospects.
- Add to the already fun, team atmosphere that CEB’s sales teams are a part of on a daily basis.
We are looking for Individuals who have:
- Full-time rising undergraduate senior at an accredited university or college
- An interest in business
- Relevant work and/or internship experience in sales and/or account management
- A desire to meet and achieve goals
- Ability to build relationships with senior level professionals and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentations skills
- Effective problem solving, time management and organization skills
- Intellectual curiosity, along with a competitive spirit
What can CEB offer you?
- 10 week paid internship from June-August
- Mentorship opportunities
- Networking events with senior executives
- Career workshops and other training
- Social and community service events with other interns across the organization
- On-the-job experience and a glimpse into our world-class training program
- The opportunity to make an immediate impact on CEB
- Opportunity for full time offer for a career in sales upon completion of internship
Who is CEB?
CEB is a best practice insight and technology company. In partnership with leading organizations around the globe, we develop innovative solutions to drive corporate performance. CEB equips leaders at more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. CEB is a trusted partner to nearly 90% of the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100, and more than 70% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans. More at cebglobal.com.
Known as an innovative growth firm, CEB is hiring experienced professionals and early careerists within a variety of intellectually stimulating careers. Please apply via cebcareers.com to job # 54967for DC and job # 54968for Chicago.
CEB is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. CEB promotes a drug-free workplace. CEB will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Senior Business Development Manager
Peter helps HR & customer service leaders evaluate and join CEB’s best practice research programs by showing them how their involvement will impact business performance.
Back to top