Associate Product Manager
As a Product Manager at CEB, you would be supporting the product development of groundbreaking, cloud-based talent management digital products that help companies to hire the best employees, develop their skills, and create an engaging workplace. You would support the agile development process, collaborating with internal teams and gathering client feedback to help scope, design, and work with software engineers to develop successful digital products. You would be positively impacting the professional lives of millions of people globally.
What does success look like?
- Release great products, on-time: You make decisions quickly. You ensure there’s continual progress toward milestones. You prioritize needs and requests coming from multiple directions, in order to deliver the most value to clients and our business.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders: You actively listen to strategy and needs from colleagues in sales, advisory and management roles. You transform those into needs into product designs, discrete features and requirements, and then keep the teams informed and involved throughout the product development process with excellent communication and training skills.
- Design for users: You communicate directly and regularly with stakeholders to fully understand users’ workflows, mindsets, and experiences using our products. You run user tests of prototypes and live software to identify improvements. You serve as a voice of the customer, incorporating client feedback into requirements, designs and feature roadmaps. You generate enthusiasm for new products by leading client demos.
- Work well with software engineers: You are experienced with agile development. You document feature requirements in user stories clearly and comprehensively. You address questions quickly. While you might not have programming experience, you are savvy with technology, understanding databases, cloud-based software, web development, etc.
- Help improve our processes: You identify aspects of our product development processes that are suboptimal and take the lead to improve them. Through your ideas, collaboration and leadership, we become more agile, more innovative, and bring better products to market faster.
What products would you work on?
The CEB Talent Management Cloud includes products that help companies make better decisions when it comes to recruiting, training, performance management, and employee engagement. Products have analytics, benchmarking, and prescriptive guidance built-in, and we are focused on optimizing them for mobile, expanding integrations with APIs, and improving user experience and visual design.
What is it like to work at CEB?
We are a company of contrarian thinkers and problem solvers, of academic geeks and passionate inventors. We believe that a great idea—one that is right, proven, and actionable—has the potential to change the fortunes of an individual, a company, or even the world. Collaboration is critical, and working on products across departments with colleagues and clients across the globe is the norm.
Who would be our ideal candidate?
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of relevant product management experience required
- At least 1-2 years experience with agile product development, writing epics and stories
- A demonstrated history of supporting or leading the delivery of digital products from concept to production
- Experience with mobile-first, responsive design and mobile app development
- Experience developing B2B SaaS applications and talent management products is a plus
- Entrepreneurial: High energy level, sense of urgency, responsive, confident, thorough, not afraid to make decisions, oriented toward practical solutions
- Strong work ethic: Ability to overcome setbacks and enthusiastically persist until ambitious goals are achieved—must be resourceful, creative and innovative
- Accountable: Results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds self accountable for performance, takes ownership, champions efforts with enthusiasm and conviction
- Great attitude: Resourceful, collaborative, adaptable, fun, solid sense of humor and able to influence others
Back to top