Account Manager, Enterprise Accounts (San Francisco)
What Is the Account Manager Role?
Account Managers ensure service delivery to existing clients (members), and conduct both renewal and new business sales interactions with senior-level executives within specific institutional accounts. Account Managers conduct consistent and meaningful live and phone-based conversations with all contacts and are evaluated against overall institutional revenue growth and member satisfaction/advocacy.
Account Managers work in an exciting, fast-paced culture, surrounded by talented, motivated and intellectual colleagues who thrive on helping executives solve their most pressing business challenges. By interacting with the highest level of decision makers at some of the world's most renowned companies, this role provides a unique opportunity to learn how to apply executive level thinking to problem solving. We are hiring in our Washington D.C., Chicago, or San Francisco offices.
What Are the Key Responsibilities?
- Build relationships with clients and prospects through demonstration of in-depth institutional knowledge, understanding of specific institutional needs/priorities and application of research solutions.
- Navigate CEB's client offerings on behalf of the institution, ensuring the appropriate product is provided to meet the client's need
- Educate clients and prospects on the benefits of CEB's products and services through compelling articulation of our business model and value proposition
- Create customized account plans for each institution, outlining service delivery and revenue growth strategies for existing and potential client memberships within the institution
- Collaborate with our client advisory team to ensure targeted and substantive content solution delivery
- Utilize existing member relationships to navigate within the institution and generate/contact new business leads
- Evaluate prospects' business needs and present appropriate mix of CEB products
- Determine appropriate tactics to drive urgency in sales cycle, including trial meetings/ teleconferences, guest website access, etc.
What Are the Basic Qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-10 years of direct sales or account management experience; or an MBA degree and 5 years of business related experience in a singular industry
- Willingness and ability to travel in excess of 40% in a regional state territory
What Are the Preferred Qualifications?
- Proven track record of selling and growing executive level relationships
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and grow sales with existing senior level clients
- Experience working in a Business to Business (B2B) environment
Why Should I Be Interested?
- Formal on-boarding program that allows you to build a foundation for success
- Best in class account management training that will enable you to further develop your skills
- Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals
- Significant amount of opportunity for career trajectory
- Competitive base salary plus uncapped (quarterly) commission
- Variety of incentive campaigns that recognize top performers for their achievements
CEB is a best practice insight and technology company. In partnership with leading organizations around the globe, we develop innovative solutions to drive corporate performance. CEB equips leaders at more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. CEB is a trusted partner to 90% of the Fortune 500, nearly 75% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans, and more than 85% of the FTSE 100. More at cebglobal.com.
Known as an innovative growth firm, CEB is hiring experienced professionals and early careerists within a variety of intellectually stimulating careers. Learn more about our global opportunities at cebcareers.com.
CEB is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Business Development Associate
Andrew works with his team to find and reach out to new business prospects for CEB. He interfaces with Fortune 500 companies across the world—and gets them on board with CEB's solutions.
Back to top