Account Manager, Canberra
CEB Talent Assessment solutions help organisations to assess, select and develop the right people for the right roles using proven, science-based assessments, technologies, consulting services and benchmark data.
This position is critical in the relationship between CEB and its corporate accounts in Federal Government. Based in Canberra, the successor will target C-Level Executives, Functional Heads and HR leaders to identify sales opportunities, build and present solutions, close business, manage the growth of accounts and increase awareness of CEB in the market. With the full support of our consulting team, the selected candidate will work to drive significant revenue growth in Canberra.
- Manage an existing portfolio of public sector clients, and actively hunt for new business
- Initiate and develop strong business relationships with Senior Directors, HR and critical line management across client organizations
- Develop and use (external and internal) network to generate business and ensure pipeline creation
- Prepare effectively, and research customers in advance of calls and meetings, to engage with their business value drivers effectively
- Demonstrate preparedness and credibility- using insight-led sales techniques
- Achieve detailed understanding of clients most important business and talent needs through skillful probing
- Paint a client-centric vision of value by effectively positioning our recommendations and capabilities in the client's context
- Gain client's agreement on timeframes and next steps to advance the close
- Drive the sales close by navigating roadblocks, identifying decision processes and leveraging urgency drivers
- Own and direct account plans which demonstrate the activities required to increase account penetration and proposition adoption
- Promote and drive customer satisfaction.
- Deliver sales presentations to high-level executives such as CHRO, HRD, BU Leaders & C level executives
- Create innovative approaches and proposals for client led solutions around the employee lifecycle from board level to floor
- Ensure implementation of subscription contracts for recurring needs
- Leverage organizational resources to fulfill client needs
- Follow up project management activity and liaise with consultancy resources and appropriate functional experts to ensure the highest quality delivery of client projects
- Lead Request for Proposal (RFP) responses and bid teams
- Manage relationships with the necessary 3rd party providers to maximize revenue
- Deal with all aspects of campaigns and ensures follow-up
- (Over) achieve sales metrics and target
Core skills and content development
- Is an expert in all core selling areas
- Contribution to creation and implementation of business planning and strategy execution
- Develops, applies and shares specialist content knowledge
- Knowledge management, including:
- Keeping abreast of market trends and evolving client needs and using this to deliver client solutions
- Leverage and re-use of knowledge to fulfill client engagements
- Maintaining own knowledge of new and existing solutions, services, products including all new delivery mechanisms along with proactive professional development based on priorities agreed in personal development plan
Internal administration, including:
- Accurate use of Salesforce (for client management, opportunity management, forecasting and invoicing) aligned with 'summit' processes
- People development
- Act as a mentor for less experienced colleagues and is a "Sales Challenger" role model
- Provide sales coaching and guidance and supports team retention
- Company representation
- Increase and continually promote the CEB Talent Assessment brand in the market.
- Act as a business owner and builds and grows your own business.
- 3 to 5 years successful sales/key account management experience: including proven experience in closing high level negotiations
- Strong solutions sales experience, ideally from a Consulting or Business Services background
- Demonstrated ability to serve in a role with revenue responsibility and able to meet monthly, quarterly and annual financial goals
- Experience selling to HR and/or C Level, with strong current network
- Possess a Bachelors or Masters degree, preferably in human resources, or business-related discipline
- Understand and believe in the value of Talent Measurement in strategic human capital solutions
- Strong networking and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple commercial processes
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated professional, diplomatic, personable and reliable approach to client management
- The ability to build and leverage business relationships at a senior level
- Ability to use internal influence to ensure that the full capabilities of CEB are brought to bear in serving our clients
- Relating and Networking
- Persuading and influencing
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Coping with pressures and Setbacks
What CEB Can Offer You:
- A culture comprised of diverse, global teams who have a passion for collaboration and client service
- Robust training, support, coaching, and on-the-job development to achieve career success
- The opportunity to be a part of a company distinguished by its insights and to have access to CEB's ground-breaking research, tools, and solutions.
- The ability to engage, influence and impact a broad array of the world's leading executives.
CEB is a best practice insight and technology company. In partnership with leading organizations around the globe, we develop innovative solutions to drive corporate performance. CEB equips leaders at more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. CEB is a trusted partner to nearly 90% of the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100, and more than 70% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans. More at cebglobal.com.
Known as an innovative growth firm, CEB is hiring experienced professionals and early careerists in locations around the world. Learn more at cebcareers.com.
CEB is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Business Development Associate
Andrew works with his team to find and reach out to new business prospects for CEB. He interfaces with Fortune 500 companies across the world—and gets them on board with CEB's solutions.
Back to top