CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The YouTube Social Media Producer at CNET.com is responsible for the voice, strategy, implementation and growth of all of CNET.com's YouTube channels. This person will be responsible for driving traffic to all YouTube videos including news, reviews and opinion content by crafting compelling titles, descriptions and keywords. They will be responsible for keeping all CNET published content at a high level of quality for search, integrity and grammar. This person must be a gateway for thumbnails with an eye on composition. They must understand how to use, manipulate and translate YouTube analytics into digestible and thorough reports on a weekly basis.
This person will schedule content and implement programming strategies based on embargoes, time zones, and popularity of content, to name a few. The job may involve on and off location publishing, via VPN, and will work with our teams in the UK and Australia. This successful applicant will also be expected to have exceptional writing skills, specifically with attention-seeking headlines.
Any applicant must have superior communication skills, be highly organized and platform-focused with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is important. Also, this role requires successful management of multiple projects and resources concurrently on time. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, punctual, meticulous and clever, who will be able to hit the ground running at our San Francisco-based headquarters with very little oversight.
- Responsible for the voice, strategy, implementation, publishing and growth of all the CNET YouTube channels.
- Responsible for keeping a well organized and documented schedule of programming, working with various in-house producers and content creators.
- Responsible for all analytical analysis and measurement needed inside the YouTube Creator Studio. Responsible for reaching all YouTube revenue and analytical goals set forth to maintain a fast and positive growth trajectory.
- Required to write clever, SEO-friendly, attention-grabbing titles, detailed descriptions and thorough keywords.
- Responsible for working in Photoshop to design video-specific thumbnails for all our YouTube channels.
- Responsible for putting YouTube annotations and end-cards on all of our videos uploaded to CNET's YouTube channels.
- Catch video technical errors before and after content is published.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing Journalism, English, Media or comparable.
- 2+ years of previous experience managing YouTube channels and/or other community or social brands
- Exceptional knowledge of how to grow and maintain a media company's YouTube channel
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop.
- Understanding of Adobe Premiere, and other Adobe CC products preferred.
- Deep understanding of Excel and data manipulation
- Exceptional communication skills; a passion for technology, science, and entertainment
- Comfortable working on tight deadlines and at a fast pace.
- Excellent writing skills with great attention to detail / grammar.
- You combine a strong tone of voice with a witty sense of humor.
- Extremely organized / meticulous.
You might also have -
- Technology, science and entertainment industry knowledge
- Knowledge of how utilize the VID IQ platform
- Ability to articulate justifications for content planning and title/deck decisions
- Ability to accept and reject content using an honest and respectful feedback process
- Ability to maintain a detailed focus on writing, grammar, and content management for a full work day
- Takes initiative on analyzing SEO, lessons learned, latest naming trends
- Works well in teams
- Background in writing preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top