West Coast Director of Sales, CBS Interactive - Sports
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBS Sports Digital is a leading Premium Content Brand within the CBS Interactive portfolio. Known for excellence in high-quality journalism, CBS Sports Digital is committed to rapid dissemination of accurate and relevant sports news across a variety of platforms, including Mobile, Desktop, Social, and OTT. We are also the home for several prominent digital content services including: Live-Streaming of NFL, SEC, PGA, The Masters, and PGA Championship, as well as CBSSports.com, Fantasy Sports, MaxPreps, and 247 Sports.
- The Director of West Coast Sales position is a leadership role within the CBS Digital Media group. This individual will be responsible for directly managing, training, and motivating our West Coast Sports sales team. The successful candidate will not only be an expert in the Sports marketplace and know how to drive advertising revenue to our Sports properties but they will also be expected to work cohesively with other divisions of CBS Interactive and CBS Television.
- This role will involve managing 3 Account Executives and 2 Account Managers. The Director will also be expected to be an individual driver of revenue whether that's complete "ownership" of certain accounts or solely maintaining key client relationships.
- Timely and accurate revenue forecasts are critical as is the ability to work closely with "Central" internal business partners such as our Yield, Finance, Integrated Marketing, Legal, and Client Services teams.
- This position reports to the VP of West Coast Sales - CBS Digital Media but is responsible for delivery of the West Coast's portion of the VP of Sports - Digital's National Revenue goals. As such the West Coast Sales Director will need to know how to deliver his/her Sports revenue quotas while working within the overall framework of our West Coast CBS sales efforts
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of digital advertising sales within the Sports category and have strong applicable client/agency relationships. They will demonstrate the ability to think creatively, sell strategically, and communicate efficiently and effectively internally and externally. They must have a strong desire to win and be focused on continually developing their personal and professional skills. Additionally, the successful candidate for the position must be both a strong team player and team leader. Specifically, the ideal candidate for the Director, West Coast Sales position must:
- Have previously sold interactive media.
- Created programs/solutions programs for major advertisers and agencies.
- Have a deep knowledge of the interactive media clients and agencies in the Western Region.
- 7-10 years of media advertising sales experience, with 2 years of interactive
- 2 years of management within a media organization
- Have substantial knowledge of the competitive landscape for interactive and traditional media in
- Sports especially as it relates to network TV.
- Have a BS/BA degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Have the ability to work in an intense, high pressure, fast-changing environment.
- Have outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Have a strong team-leading, team-building, and team-motivating mentality.
You might also have -
- A detailed understanding of major sports broadcast and digital distribution rights
- A detailed understanding of digital competitors such as Barstool, Bleacher, etc.
- Experience being based in Los Angeles while working with New York based counterparts
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Associate Editor, Gamespot
As an associate editor, Kallie works on various content, including reviews and previews, and produces features, writes news, and appears on camera and livestreams relating to games and the gaming industry.
Back to top