CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The CBS Interactive Search, Shopping, and Audience Development team is passionate about building and marketing new websites: search (content) engines, shopping verticals, review sites. We also specialize in finding and implementing additional sources of traffic and revenue.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Assist Developers in building user interface applications using various programming and scripting languages.
- Technical methodologies in implementing solutions to Web-based development problems.
- Meet with designated functional analysts on specifics of projects, new technologies, and deadlines.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Create and maintain software documentation
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or 1 - 3 years work experience at an Internet Company
- Design Agency or Web Production Company; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A solid understanding of how software applications work, including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented
- Programming and web application development
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
You might also have –
- Object Oriented Programming (PHP, Java, C#, etc)
- Experience in Search Engine Marketing is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top