University Relations Intern - CBS Interactive
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The University Relations Intern will work within the CBS Interactive Human Resources' team in our San Francisco office, part-time in the Fall & Spring, and full-time in the Summer months. As a member of our team you will gain exposure to a wide range of Human Resources projects. Your primary role will be to help us build our Summer 2018 Internship Program.
This internship offers excellent training and mentoring. It is ideal for a student who wishes to explore and/or pursue a career in Human Resources and/or Event Planning. We are looking for a local candidate (Bay Area) who can start in mid-October and work part-time while still in school.
- Help develop and facilitate our Summer 2018 Internship Program
- Assist with onsite recruiting events
- Post internships and full time positions to job boards
- Assist with scheduling/screening candidates for internships and full time positions
- Assist recruiters with reference checks, screening candidates and other projects
- Manage intern new hire process including new hire orientation and new hire paperwork collection
- Plan and coordinate multiple intern events for 60+ interns at CBSi locations all across the country
- Sell our employment brand via social networking (e.g., maintain/develop our Twitter and Facebook Fan page, research and recommend new social networking tools)
- Leadership experience is a must
- Strong organizational skills (planning and prioritizing) and ability to multitask
- Must have outstanding attention to detail
- Program/project/event management experience is a must
- Ability to work and adapt to change in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and take initiative but also work well with coworkers in a team environment
- Must successfully complete background check
- Previous experience in recruiting
- Skilled in building successful relationships internally and externally
- Customer service skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Google Drive (docs, sheets, slides & forms)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top