Summer 2017 Video Production Intern - CNET
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The Video Production Intern will be able to multi-task and work creatively and collaboratively with the CNET video production team on a multitude of projects on various platforms (i.e. on CNET, social platforms, and 3rd party sites like YouTube). The intern will be asked to write, shoot, edit, and post at least one video per week during their time at CNET as well as to assist in the production of other live and pre-produced video projects.
- Produce and edit videos using Adobe Premiere for CNET.com and social channels
- Grip/camera assistant on field and studio shoots
- Camera/teleprompter operator for studio shoots
- Assist logging interviews and digitizing media
- Contribute video ideas during daily/weekly planning meetings
Time commitment: Full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team.
This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university’s guidelines.
- Strong editing skills on Adobe Premiere (experience with After Effects a plus)
- Current student majoring in video, journalism or related field
- Understanding of video story-telling as it relates to social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Comfort with DSLR Video photography as well as other video cameras
- Ability to multitask under severe deadlines
- Superb written and verbal communications skills
This intern submit a reel, or other examples of shot/edited work upon applying.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Video Producer, Gamespot
Mary produces new releases and specific features for Gamespot’s channel within CBS Interactive. She also helps edit videos to make sure imagery and quality are consistent.
Back to top