Summer 2017 Software Engineering Intern - CBSSports.com
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The Software Engineering Intern will be an integral part of the Fantasy Sports development team during the summer of 2017. If you are a highly-motivated, self-starter who enjoys tackling technical and business challenges, then this internship is for you. You will work under the supervision of one of our engineering leaders and also be assigned a mentor for the summer. You will have the opportunity to build strong working relationships with coworkers, customers (internal and external), and company management. You will become part of a team of people that are all passionate about sports, technology, and getting the user the content she / he wants as fast as possible. Our environment is fast-paced, delivering upwards of 100 million data request per day. You will get hands-on training on how to design and support such large data delivery systems. This is the kind of experience they don’t teach in school! Come and see what it’s all about.
The intern will help develop new features on our fantasy platform and maintain critical software systems that generate significant revenue for our business. Specific project assignments may include developing software to power our fantasy games, performance and unit testing, coding GUI tools to interface with our data, document test cases for quality assurance and opportunities to contribute to many new systems currently under development.
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university’s guidelines
- Experience developing web applications in: PHP, Python, PERL, Ruby, Django, Rails, or similar environment.
- Previous exposure to structured Software Development Lifecycle processes and procedures
- Technical analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and techniques
- Solid organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to establish professional relationships with team members
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Currently working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related software engineering field
- Familiarity with JSON, XML, and RESTful APIs is a plus
- Familiarity developing mobile applications in Android or iOS is a plus
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Video Producer, Gamespot
Mary produces new releases and specific features for Gamespot’s channel within CBS Interactive. She also helps edit videos to make sure imagery and quality are consistent.
Back to top