Summer 2017 Software Engineering Intern
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
We are the team that supports all of the developers and websites in CBS Interactive’s portfolio by ensuring the network, servers, storage and databases run in an efficient and secure manner. The intern will gain experience implementing code in a production environment, learn about source code control, networking, and configuration management. The skills learned will be immediately applicable to any development shop – be it web front end, infrastructure, or back-end processing.
This summer, our intern will help us to develop automation that transitions and transforms our business to be cloud ready. S/he will automate code deployments and provide a flexible infrastructure framework that allows workloads to be deployed in private cloud (Openstack) or public cloud (AWS/Google/Azure).
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university’s guidelines
- Flexible with a desire to learn
- Strong understanding of structured programming using Python and basic Linux administration skill
- Knowledge about DNS and networking concepts is a big plus
- Technical analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and techniques
- Solid organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to establish professional relationships with team members
- Currently working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related software engineering field
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Video Producer, Gamespot
Mary produces new releases and specific features for Gamespot’s channel within CBS Interactive. She also helps edit videos to make sure imagery and quality are consistent.
Back to top