Summer 2017 Social Media Intern - TV Guide
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The Social Media Intern will be immersed in the day to day of the Growth & Engagement team. S/he will be focused on content creation and strategy to attract a millennial audience specific to the TV Guide Facebook page.
In addition, the intern will develop a social strategy for Instagram, which includes building and maintaining the account as well as finding ways to acquire a larger audience. The strategy will deep-dive into the mission of the Instagram account as well as include competitive insights.
This intern will benefit from exposure to the components of marketing, which entails content creation, development, and execution. S/he will further understand the necessity to market content strategically based on different audiences’ interests and behaviors for individual social platforms. S/he will develop oral and written skills throughout presentations, meetings, and coordinating with various business teams.
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university’s guidelines
- Understanding of publishing on social platforms such as Facebook and Instagram
- Interest in television, entertainment and pop culture
- Must be detail-oriented
- Great communication skills and ability to articulate concepts
- Must be willing to work with tight dealines and real-time expectations
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Video Producer, Gamespot
Mary produces new releases and specific features for Gamespot’s channel within CBS Interactive. She also helps edit videos to make sure imagery and quality are consistent.
Back to top