Summer 2017 Sales Intern
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
This position is within our Entertainment, News, and Sports sales team and will be focused on CBS.com, CBSNews.com, and CBSSports.com.
There are endless sources of information about client activity via different newsletters, subscription services, and good old-fashioned observing of competitor’s sites. This information is scattered and as such salespeople spend a lot of time gathering it individually in a manner that is duplicative with their peers. Our advertising sales intern will be spearheading a project to gather, centralize, and re-distribute this information to the sales team daily. This project will provide the intern with a wealth of information about our business. Our intern will also be involved in large client pitches as these frequently require up to the minute marketplace information, which is what the intern will rapidly become an expert in.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate a willingness to take charge and work forcefully to achieve results, despite obstacles. They will set and own an organized, strategic prospecting plan including the following:
- Produce a high volume of outbound telephone calls to advertising prospects
- Prioritize activity in accordance with Sales coverage needs
- Pass qualified leads to Account Managers and Account Executives
- Close business on select programs
- Maintain organized database of prospects and call activity
- Qualify potential advertiser and when appropriate, coordinate meetings between outside sales person and clients
- Accurate and timely communication to manager of all relevant information regarding revenue and/or advertiser relationships
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university’s guidelines
Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience with team concepts and leadership positions. They will be familiar with the Internet and understand how the web is impacting marketplaces and companies’ business models. They will demonstrate an ability to think creatively, sell strategically, and communicate efficiently internally and externally. They will have a strong desire to continually develop their personal and professional skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to manage stress well, and juggle multiple account challenges at once
- Outstanding telephone skills
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Video Producer, Gamespot
Mary produces new releases and specific features for Gamespot’s channel within CBS Interactive. She also helps edit videos to make sure imagery and quality are consistent.
Back to top