Summer 2017 Product Management Intern - CBSSports.com
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
By the end of the summer, the intern will have created a dashboard for key metrics for the CBS Sports Mobile and OTT apps. Additionally, they will present highlights on their personal favorite aspects of the internship, and a product requirement doc for a current or future enhancement in the roadmap.
The intern will also learn aspects of running and operating a highly trafficked mobile app. This includes helping with quality assurance for new app releases, finding and pulling reports on key app metrics (i.e. Page Views, Uniques, Visits, favorite team adds, etc.), and performing user research and testing on new app features.
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university’s guidelines
Desired skill set:
- Knowledgeable on social and mobile applications
- Interest in gathering data and user feedback
- Motivated and detail-oriented individual who is energized by challenges
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- We are seeking a self-starter who has a genuine interest in product management, business technology and is actively pursuing a career in product management
- Preferably a sports fan
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Video Producer, Gamespot
Mary produces new releases and specific features for Gamespot’s channel within CBS Interactive. She also helps edit videos to make sure imagery and quality are consistent.
Back to top