Summer 2017 Masters Product Management Intern - CBSSports.com
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The CBSSports.com product management team is responsible for defining features to drive the growth of the #3 most trafficked sports website. The site is currently undergoing a redesign and the intern will help with 2 projects:
1. Account Settings/Preferences Center: The intern will perform a competitive analysis of account and preference centers on other top sports and media websites, determining the level of control desired by both “typical” and “power” users. The intern will gather a “wish list” for user preferences and learn how to effectively communicate that “wish list” through user stories and product requirements. In addition, the intern will have an opportunity to speak to current and potential future users of CBSSports.com as part of the research process. The intern will learn to effectively communicate with all members of the global pod, working closely with design and engineering to determine the correct method for implementing a new account preference center on CBSSports.com.
2. Search Experience (Fantasy and Media): In addition to leading the product development work for the account settings project, the global pod intern will also be tasked with helping to re-vamp the search experience across CBSSports Fantasy News and CBSSports.com. The intern will analyze search functionality and usage of leading media (traditional and social) properties, and will have an opportunity to frame the user stories and eventual product requirements for CBSSports’ own search experience.
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university’s guidelines
- Combination of education and experience in project management/product management
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- We are seeking a self-starter who has a genuine interest in product management, business technology and is actively pursuing a career in product management
- Experience with Google Apps is a plus
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word, experience with Google Apps is a plus
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Experience with bug tracking systems an advantage
- Experience working on technical projects and websites an advantage
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university (Graduate Level Candidates ONLY)
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Video Producer, Gamespot
Mary produces new releases and specific features for Gamespot’s channel within CBS Interactive. She also helps edit videos to make sure imagery and quality are consistent.
Back to top