Summer 2017 Masters Business Intelligence Intern
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Intern to be part of the core team that uses data and analyses to drive high impact business and product decisions for CBSSports.com and its portfolio of sports brands. You will problem solve using both your technical and business chops to enhance consumer-based intelligence to help grow these new businesses. You will help identify trends and insights that aid in marketing and product decisions.
- Design and perform detailed analyses to help deepen understanding of customer activity across all digital platforms including web, mobile, connected devices, and video subscription services. Techniques may include statistical analyses, mathematical models (conversions, churn, and retention), experiments (A/B testing), optimization, data mining, predictive analytics, data investigation, visualization, and reporting.
- Effectively communicate quantitative findings (storytelling with data), make and defend meaningful conclusions and recommendations, identify and interpret trends and relationships to product and business stakeholders
- Create visualizations to make data easily accessible across the organization
- Identify and synthesize secondary research to complement primary research
- Be creative in approaches to solving problems and managing data. Ideal candidate will look for opportunities to improve status quo and implement new ones when necessary
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university’s guidelines
- Working towards a Master’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or equivalent quantitative field
- 4+ years of relevant working experience (in a similar role) with strong technical analytical ability and data mining skills
- Extensive experience querying large, complex, and raw data sets in Teradata/Hive/Hadoop databases (or similar environments)
- Proficient in advanced SQL coding across various databases
- Proficient with analytical tools supporting data analysis, reporting, and visualization (R, Omniture, Tableau, Excel)
- Excellent statistical intuition, application, and knowledge of various predictive analytics/statistical modeling
- Must be detail-oriented and focused on data accuracy
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and present data and information
- Proven ability to learn quickly, work independently, and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in web/video analytics and subscription services highly preferred
- Experience in Python/Java is a plus
- Ability to build strong working relationships with cross functional teams
- Must successfully complete background check
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university (Graduate Level Candidates ONLY)
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Video Producer, Gamespot
Mary produces new releases and specific features for Gamespot’s channel within CBS Interactive. She also helps edit videos to make sure imagery and quality are consistent.
Back to top