Summer 2017 Lead Generation Intern
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The B2B Lead Generation team executes custom, outbound lead generation, interactive and telemarketing campaigns for technology advertisers across the Business and Technology vertical properties, ZDNet and TechRepublic. The team is responsible for the implementation, promotion, and delivery of qualified leads generated through content downloads across the brands.
We seek a detail-oriented, customer-focused, Lead Generation Intern to join our campaign operations team group. We’re looking for a candidate who is curious to learn about Lead Generation or who is looking for a different type of media experience since it will not be a typical/traditional marketing role in Media. S/he would be responsible for enhancing and improving our team’s online tactics. To help improve both volume and online processes in place, here are a couple of tasks that the intern might be assigned:
- Tracking legacy email performance and designing a new template to improve engagement key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Liaise with engineering and build custom workflows to improve process efficiency
- Copy writing / content optimization via Medusa
- Provide an outside perspective on current processes
- Research industry standards and metrics
- Updating user data for current subscribers
- Overall goal of increasing our volume of Online leads
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university’s guidelines
- Ability to multi-task in a lean team environment; must be comfortable and flexible wearing many hats.
- Customer-focused and solution oriented.
- Very comfortable with excel, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Video Producer, Gamespot
Mary produces new releases and specific features for Gamespot’s channel within CBS Interactive. She also helps edit videos to make sure imagery and quality are consistent.
Back to top