Summer 2017 FrontEnd Engineering Intern - CBSSports.com
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Are you an engineering student interested in new media, social activities and television? CBS Interactive is developing the next generation of multimedia and cross-platform entertainment. The team at CBS.com values software which exemplifies simplicity of design, maintainability and foundational robustness.
What we’re looking for:
The successful intern candidate will embrace our design precepts and will be a collaborative team player able to communicate her/his ideas as well as work under guidance from our management team.
We are looking for the person who can work in a fast-paced environment and has a grasp of cutting edge languages and technologies, as well as a desire to learn. Specifically, the intern will be tasked with implementing a web-based Visual Table Tool for use by editorial staff to assist in the creation of content. The project will involve working with the product manager to assess requirements and scope of work, as well as collaborating with members of the engineering team to design and implement an effective solution. The candidate will learn about CBSSports.com media engineering workflow and best-practice, culminating in a release and deployment of the project to the production website.
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university’s guidelines
- Experience in building something using PHP, Symfony, Require.js, Backbone.js, AngularJS, or some other client-aside MVC framework
- Understanding of basic user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) implementation in web interfaces
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Video Producer, Gamespot
Mary produces new releases and specific features for Gamespot’s channel within CBS Interactive. She also helps edit videos to make sure imagery and quality are consistent.
Back to top