Summer 2017 Editorial Intern - CNET
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The CNET Editorial Intern will assist with Smart Home and appliance coverage, as well as lab optimization. S/he will assist in writing news and reviews on the topics of large and small appliances and Smart Home devices. S/he will help to maintain and organize the appliances testing lab and the CNET Smart Home Skill set.
Strong writing capability, experience writing about technology and/or experience with product testing a plus.
- Write general assignment coverage stories on a daily basis
- Work with copydesk on headlines, desk and copy editing
- Work with copydesk to check for breaking news
- Spend time on social – helping to promote our stories via our existing social channels or investigating new places we should be promoting our work
- Contribute to the magazine by helping edit/fact check stories and/or writing a piece
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university’s guidelines
- A passion for writing
- Experience with writing about technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skilled in building successful relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, open minded and forward thinking
- Willing and open to learning and to new ideas
- Ability to work independently and take initiative but also work well with co-workers in a team environment
- Internet savvy and passionate about digital media
Experience with product testing a plus!
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Video Producer, Gamespot
Mary produces new releases and specific features for Gamespot’s channel within CBS Interactive. She also helps edit videos to make sure imagery and quality are consistent.
Back to top