Summer 2017 Business Intelligence Intern
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The Summer 2017 Business Intelligence Intern will consolidate and benchmark all of our learnings around our Optimizer program and ad effectiveness studies to help build a prospecting guide for new and existing clients to drive incremental revenue.
S/he will research 3 or 4 key players in 6 to 10 top industries.
- What do these companies seem to be doing that other companies in the industries are not?
- What can be gathered about their initiatives and growth strategies?
- Where are they spending to advertise their products and services?
S/he will analyze our current client portfolio.
- Which clients of ours align with the key players we researched?
- How do we perform for them from an advertising standpoint?
- Identify areas of potential growth within our existing client set as well as with new clients.
S/he will determine which three topics/areas/initiatives have the most opportunity for growth. The intern will bring together the insights and analyses of his/her research and turn them into solid strategies for sales to be better armed when prospecting these industries/companies.
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university’s guidelines
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- A self-starter who is ready to take initiative
- Enthusiasm for turning data and analytical insights into tangible business tools
- Minimum of 2 years of college study in a quantitative field: business, economics, statistics, computer science, information management, mathematics, or a related discipline with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Experience with Excel
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Video Producer, Gamespot
Mary produces new releases and specific features for Gamespot’s channel within CBS Interactive. She also helps edit videos to make sure imagery and quality are consistent.
Back to top