Summer 2017 Business Intelligence Intern
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The Summer 2017 Business Intelligence Interns will work closely with other analysts, product managers, engineers, and leadership teams to provide insight and analysis that assists with the growth of our existing product portfolio and new product development. The successful candidate will manage reporting projects, coordinate site development initiatives, and contribute proactive recommendations and information to senior management.
The intern’s main focus will be on improving reporting workflows and developing data solutions for key business reporting.
- Learn and implement fundamental Business Intelligence tools: SQL, Tableau, Omniture, Google Analytics, and Excel
- Manage reporting requests from start to finish (gathering requirements, pulling data, compiling reporting, giving recommendations, and presenting findings)
- Provide ongoing business intelligence support as requested and proactively based on deep investigations of data
- Integrate data from disparate systems and applications for purposes of analysis and reporting
- Architect, design, develop, test, and deploy code for business intelligence, visualization, analytics and database projects
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university’s guidelines
- Should be studying in a quantitative field: economics, statistics, computer science, information management or a related discipline with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Excellent analytical thinking, problem solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to gather requirements from non-technical users to create solutions and explanations.
- Enthusiasm and experience manipulating and translating large data sets.
- High degree of initiative and technical ability.
- Desire to have fun at work in addition to being productive.
- Prior experience or exposure in the media industry is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of data visualization techniques.
- Programming experience with atleast on of the following SQL, Python, R.
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large datasets.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Video Producer, Gamespot
Mary produces new releases and specific features for Gamespot’s channel within CBS Interactive. She also helps edit videos to make sure imagery and quality are consistent.
Back to top