Sr. Web Developer - CBS News.com
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBS News Digital is looking for an exceptional Senior Web Developer. Ideal candidate will be innovative, self-motivated, a quick study, and eager to develop new skills while constantly improving existing abilities. The candidate must also be a strong multi-tasker with exceptional time-management skills. In this position, you will take a key role in developing our website along with supporting other emerging platforms. Also prefer knowledge of best practices when it comes to SEO.
- Collaborate with other web developers to write good code and develop good architecture
- Work with Technical project managers to estimate tasks, stories and projects
- Influence day to day product development discussions and design/UX decisions
- Key Projects:
- Successful candidate will be working on website, emerging platforms, support web-based OTT devices, and our 24/7 Streaming service.
- 5 years or more of frontend development experience
- Hands on experience with knowledge of css grid and flexbox; familiarity with BEM or similar approaches
- Has good knowledge of tools to measure and techniques to improve web performance
- Familiarity with latest versions of PHP and hands on experience with at least one of the leading frameworks (Symphony is a plus or a similar framework such as Laravel)
- Comfortable with node based asset management and build tools: gulp, webpack, Babel, etc
- Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is preferred but not necessary
- Understand the ever-evolving landscape of SEO.
- Knowledge of other full stack languages (i.e. NodeJS, Ruby, Java)
- Knowledge of client/server architectures, syncing and caching approaches
- Understanding Analytics, Ads and various 3rd party SDKs integration
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top