Sr. Manager of Data Technology
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBSSports.com provides premium online and mobile content to the connected sports fan, including live and on-demand video, in-depth analysis, breaking news, and scores and statistics across high school, college, and pro sports. CBSSports.com is part of CBS Interactive's portfolio of multiplatform brands, which includes premier Fantasy offerings, high school sports leader MaxPreps, 247Sports, Scout and CBS Interactive Advanced Media producing more than 130 official collegiate athletic sites.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager of Data Technology to define, lead, mentor and manage a high performing software engineering team. This role will drive execution of the technical data infrastructure and scoring strategy for the all of the CBS Sports Digital Brands. As a key leader, you'll drive technical decisions, architecture, team structure, engineering processes and most importantly culture, elevating our capability to provide quality sports data to our customers.
- Lead the development, architecture, and evolution of the sports data and scoring infrastructure team that powers the CBS Sports Digital portfolio of consumer-facing digital products
- Coordinate with various internal and external business and technical stakeholders to direct the strategic long-term goals, policies and procedures for our sports data.
- Implementing secure API tiers for data sharing with internal and external engineering partners
- Lead consolidation and simplification efforts for application stacks by developing and updating software platform frameworks that enable efficiencies
- Operationalize our data quality control team to ensure efficiency, accuracy and legitimacy of our data
- Evangelize our sports data and scoring infrastructure across all divisions of CBS Sports Digital
- Employ agile-based development methodologies, and introduce new modes of development practices aligned with changing business priorities and roadmaps
- Onboarding CBS Sports Digital brand applications onto the new data and scoring infrastructure and API endpoints
- Designing, creating and maintaining the central repository for all of the sports source data
- Create a scalable, extensible model for innovating against existing and new data services
- Utilize creativity to drive a significant increase in utilization of all of our data assets in a more strategic fashion both internally and externally
- Lead transition efforts for the data application stacks into AWS
- Overseeing the technical development of scoring data entry tools used by over 1500 colleges to input scoring data including managing the relationships with 3rd party vendors and tools used as part of this function
You have -
- BS Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical degree, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of proven experience leading the full lifecycle of software development (planning, architecture, implementation), QA, and operations to create highly scalable, robust and reliable software solutions supporting a portfolio of highly-trafficked sites and mobile applications
- Exceptional management acumen, including the ability to develop and iterate upon a multi-year business & technical strategy, articulate clear objectives, focus and motivate teams to execution, adeptly anticipate changes, and flex priorities to maintain effectiveness
- Proven technical acumen and experience across related technologies for high traffic web sites, mobile applications, and video products (Java (w/Spring & Hibernate), MySQL, Nodejs.
- NoSQL/Hadoop/Mongo, Unix/Linux, SOA architecture, MVC architecture, etc.) and have a solid working knowledge of AWS
- Effectively communicate technical and business risks to stakeholders to ensure informed risk-taking and optimal decision-making
You might also have -
- Experience at an online company in digital media or content creation
- Led a team of highly skilled technologists to transform back end architecture into a platform that can support a suite of applications and services in web, mobile, and video for several brands.
- Strong organization skills and project management acumen
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Associate Editor, Gamespot
As an associate editor, Kallie works on various content, including reviews and previews, and produces features, writes news, and appears on camera and livestreams relating to games and the gaming industry.
Back to top