Software Engineer - CBS Sports Fantasy
- Flexible / Remote
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive's brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
Do you have a passion for sports? Do you love to code? Do you have experience building web apps from the ground up? And did you win your fantasy league this past season (or at least give it a good run)? If you answered yes to all of the above, then CBS Sports may be looking for you! The CBS Sports Fantasy team is looking for an experienced web developer to build out the latest and greatest in fantasy gaming and content apps used by over a million people every month. To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning attitude and mad coding skills.
Collaborate closely with product managers, user interface designers, platform engineers, and multiple groups to define and implement product features. Work with other technical teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key web product features.
- Develop new business-led features with an emphasis on performance and user experience
- Build interactive UX using HTML and CSS based on designs provided by design team
- Deploy periodic site updates to QA, stage, and production environments
- Provide engineering support to stakeholders, ensuring a high level of application availability and stability
- Refactor various parts of the site to be more efficient and build sharable components
- Migrate legacy code to a React Framework
- Build a set of features and tools to support various CBSSports.com Fantasy production needs
- Review code changes by other team members to ensure they meet requirements, are error free, and use best practices
- Provide critical feedback on code changes through the code review process
# LI - AS1 What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Minimum 2 years of Web Development experience with at least 6-12 months experience using React JS
- Know the latest HTML and CSS standards inside and out.
- Experience developing web applications in PHP, Python, PERL, Ruby
- Ability to architect and debug complex systems.
- Proven experience using REST APIs and JSON data
- Familiarity with using version control systems. (Git)
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent
You might also have -
- You have excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
- Experience using a CSS preprocessor like Sass, LESS, or Stylus
- You've worked in an AWS, GPC, or Azure environment before
- You are familiar with CDNs such as Akamai or Fastly
- You love sports, fantasy sports and/or sports gaming
# LI - AS1
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Back to top