Software Engineer, CBS Sports Digital
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Do you have a passion for Sports? Do you love to code? If you answered yes, than CBS Sports may be looking for you! CBSSports.com is looking for an experienced Software Developer for our CBSSports.com engineering team. To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning attitude and mad coding skills.
- Architect key technology to power a multi-platform video distribution strategy
- Drive video consumption by collaborating with internal stakeholders to provide scalable, robust APIs
- Support and enhance a video CMS housing hundreds of thousands of videos
- Create data integrations to power real-time graphics systems
- Design scalable back-end solutions to power automated video CMS ingestion
- Integrate with various internal and 3rd party systems to build performant video platforms and distributions
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- You are a PHP Guru. You enjoy writing and maintaining complex systems and APIs powering enterprise-grade products
- You have experience working with a database such as mySQL or Oracle
- You are comfortable evaluating existing systems and making recommendations to drive performance and optimization
- You're a problem solver; you embrace getting your hands dirty with unfamiliar technologies
- You have an understanding of how CDNs and other content delivery mechanisms function
- You bring a collaborative attitude, willing to work with team members from diverse backgrounds
- You have excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
- Worked with agile processes
- Familiarity with using version control systems. (Git/Stash preferred)
- You love sports, fantasy sports and/or sports gaming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top