Social Media Producer - CNET
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CNET is looking for a Social Media Producer to take charge of the day-to-day execution of our social media strategy. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for contributing to the posts on CNET's largest social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter) and several others. You will work alongside reporters, editors and members of the social team to ensure CNET's social media presence is as strong as it can be, and that as an organization, CNET is up-to-date on new best practices.
- Executing strategies outlined by Manager of Social Content Production Managing CNET's flagship social accounts
- Top priority Twitter:
- Secondary priority Instagram:
- Tertiary priority Aiding with secondary platforms as needed (YouTube, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Flipboard)
- Covering breaking news, live events on above platforms, remotely or on-site Helping plan editorial coverage for embargoed news, events
- Contributing to best practice documentation
- Ensuring editorial follows social best practices
- Executing deployment of emerging platforms
- Collaborating with Design on creation of social assets
- Collaborating with Video on creation of social video
- Improve and expand CNET's social presence across multiple platforms Identify new opportunities on new and established social media platforms
- Document experimentations with tone, format, and delivery to solidify, augment or revamp best practices for content
What you bring to the team:
You have --
- At least 2-3 years of social media experience in a newsroom environment
- At least 1 year of original content creation (either written or video production)
- Experience with a digital-focused newsroom, strong news judgment
- Deep familiarity with all social platforms, best practices
- Familiarity with analytics on platforms like Facebook Insights, Omniture, and CrowdTangle
- Strong writing skills with a portfolio of published work available
- Experience with producing, editing graphics, video, photos
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and on nights/weekends if necessary
- Ability to teach and work with others less familiar with social media and educate them on best practices
You might also have --
- Experience with community management
- Degree in journalism, communications or related
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top